Value

Guest IRONMIKE

Guest IRONMIKE

I'm new to this but need some help. I will be selling a couple classic cars and lots of parts that belonged to my father who recently passed away. I am no stranger to turning a wrench but do not have much experience with selling classic cars and parts. My dad collected mostly GM cars and part in the 70's and 80's when things were cheap. I have know idea of value now and don't trust all of the people that know the situation I'm in. What is the value of a 63 Buick Wildcat? 2 door coupe. I believe it is a 401. All original, never been restored to the best of my knowledge. Very solid but does need some paint and TLC. I'm just looking for a ball park figure to get started. Thanks

I must agree with Rusty. You will at least be able to get an idea of where to start pricing. When you have numerous cars to deal with, the book can be VERY helpful. We really cannot appraise a vehicle without actually seeing it in person, but photos are always helpful.

Or you could look in "Completed sales " on Ebay but don't expect to get a price that seems way high because there might be funny stuff going on. For the most part the people here are happy to help but if they're interested personally they're not going to tell you a high price.

Guest IRONMIKE

Thanks for the help. I was looking for a ballpark starting price not an appraisal. I just have no idea whether it's $1,000 or $10,000. I will pick up the Old Cars Price guide that was mentioned and go from there.