Bill Biche.... Reatta Div member

Barney Eaton

Pete Phillips posted this on the BCA General discussion. The Biches have been Reatta Div members for some time. I believe they presently own a 1991 Green coupe.

Former BCA President Bill Biche<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I'm sorry to report that former BCA President Bill Biche died on Saturday, Feb. 23rd, apparently in his sleep. He was a nice guy, and I will miss seeing him at BCA national meets and at Hershey each year. He served on the BCA Board in the early 1990s and was president from 1992-94. With a three-digit BCA number, he had been an active member of the BCA for approximately 45 years, primarily through the Finger Lakes Chapter. Services are pending--no other details right now.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Guest HessLakeGuy

To all:

I met Bill at the Columbus, OH meet in the late 90s when he pulled up to the wash area with his 1991 polo green Reatta. That might have been the first polo green car that I had ever seen.

He drove that 1991 all over, and he told me that every two years or so he sent it to the body shop for any work that it needed. He kept it looking good, even with high miles.

Nice guy. I will miss talking to him at the nationals. He was a proud Reatta owner.

Tom

Guest HessLakeGuy

To all:

Now that I think about it, Bill was one of the only Reatta owners to ever tell me to tell me that he replaced his original 3.8 liter engine. I cannot remember exactly what happened, perhaps it was just due to the hgh miles.

I saw this thread on the Buick site but somehow missed it on the Reatta division. I met Bill at a Reatta Rendezvous, we sat across the table and he mentioned that he had a long career with Eastman Kodak. It was an easy conversation after that, because my dad worked for Eastman Kodak for 60 years. He was a quiet unassuming gentleman and the Buick Club and Reatta Division lost a class act. My thoughts go out to his familly as it is a very difficult time. It takes me back to December 2012 when I lost my father. He had all the same qualities.

Rest in peace.

Chuck

To all:

Now that I think about it, Bill was one of the only Reatta owners to ever tell me to tell me that he replaced his original 3.8 liter engine. I cannot remember exactly what happened, perhaps it was just due to the hgh miles.

As I recall, Bill had his green one and also a red '91. Something in the lower end of the red car and he had to replace the engine.

Jim