South Jersey Region 42nd Swap Meet

dbirchmire

The SJAACA is having it's 42nd annual SwapMeet & Car Corral on Sun, March 24,2013. It will be held at the Salem County Fair Grounds.

Show time: 8am to 3pm.

Vender set up time: 6am to 8am.

fair grounds is located 1/4 mile west of Cowtown. 735 Rt. 40, Woodstown, NJ.

Highlights,

Police directing traffic from parking lot.

Over 350 Vendors last year.

tailgaters welcome.

Plenty of parking,

For more info contact,

Gary Green @856-575-5547 or

Chuck Gibson @ 609-221-5435

• 4 weeks later...

Sure wish I could be there. Used to attend at Cowtown market when my Son lived over in Mt.Holly as it was a a good spot to come visit the day before and then swoop in for some bargains. Found a lot of great stuff there over the years and remember always coming home with a nice sign a few good old spark plugs and some other memorabilia. I remember it was always jam packed with people, even on the coldest days. Sure would like to see some photos and get a report following the event. Maybe I can get back again next year? Darned too few good old fashioned swap meets anymore. By the way, I'm overdue in providing a report on our own small swap meet here in Tidewater Va.

Terry

We made the trek there today from central MD. Paid $10 in tolls to leave MD; and $8 to get back in. Priceless. Happily, it was a great event; and very well attended. Chilly morning weather about 40 degrees gave way to delightful afternoon temps almost 50 (balmy mid-atlantic Spring day- snow on the way). Must have been over 400 vendors with a great selection of stuff, mostly post-war '50's to '70's. Nice folks, nice day, we'll be back.........maybe a helicopter to bypass the tolls.

Our swap meet held last sun. was a outstanding success. The team met sat. am for breakfast so we would have a full tank of fuel in us to set up the fairgrounds for Sundays event. 5:00 am came very early for us the next day. When we arrived there were some vendors already set up in our building lol. It was one of largest and most successful meets we have every had.

The weather was a bit chilly early on, but it did warm up later in the day. The wind was not a factor which made things seem warmer.

It was sure good to see some of our car friends for the first time in quite a while. As the best part of the hobby is meeting new people and talking shop with them as well.

With my computer knowledge or lack there of, go to South Jersey Region, A.A.C.A for pictures of the event.

Dave Birchmire, Sr.

Edited by dbirchmire (see edit history)