Correct spark plug covers for '53 Roadmaster

53buickconvert

Can anyone ID the correct spark plug covers for my '53 Roadmaster? I didn't have any when I got the car and later found some. They have a slot in the top for the spark plug wires in the upper tail end. I just got a parts car and on those the upper slot is not there. Not sure which would be original.

Thanks,

Tim

post-61997-143141737584_thumb.jpg

'53 Buicks have the slot at (end) of the covers.

The lower cover is for the left side of a '54- '56 (the slot on top).

If, that upper cover has the slot on the end, it is '53. The upper cover is for the right side.

they'll both fit your '53.

Correct for '53, is the slot on the rear.

Correct for '54 - '56, is the slot on top

If, that upper cover has the slot on the end, it is '53. The upper cover is for the right side......

Not 100% correct.

1953 spark plug covers are not handed.....there are slots on both ends.....the upper cover is correct for either the passenger's (right) side or the driver's (left) side on a 1953 Super or Roadmaster. Wires exit the end slot closest to distributor.

1954-1956 spark plug covers are handed and have one slot on top. Slot goes closest to the distributor.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Not 100% correct.

1953 spark plug covers are not handed.....there are slots on both ends.....the upper cover is correct for either the passenger's (right) side or the driver's (left) side on a 1953 Super or Roadmaster. Wires exit the end slot closest to distributor.

1954-1956 spark plug covers are handed and have the slots on top. Slots go closest to the distributor.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Thanks Al for that correction!

Thanks alot everyone, as usual, very helpful.

Tim

Tim, would you think about selling the '54-56 set ?