Found a solid 66 Riveria body locally but....

mpneroz

The good --- from the pictures the car appears to be a fairly solid gold 1966 Riveria with what appears to be good grille (not looking damaged in the pictures), bumpers and front fender corner light assemblies looking intact. Considering the age and how those front end parts get beat up that appears to be a plus. Floor work was done which looks pretty good in the pictures. The bad...no engine or trans which isn't really too much of an issue but it also appears to need a lot of interior parts like door panels, dash pad, arm rests, dash cluster, front seats and interior trim. It doesn't appear to have been a highly optioned car, crank windows etc. I have a 1965 LeSabre convertible and a 1966 Wildcat in my garage already and this would be a nice addition but I don't want to get in over my head looking for rare parts. What are the biggest challenges and what are the weak spots on these Riverias so I can look a little deeper?

I know that I looked at a 1966 Riveria back about 5 years ago which had about the worst cowl/upper dash rot I ever saw on a car. I thought that one was going to break in half!

Mike

IMHO you'd be better off finding a complete car that's needs some work rather than trying to piece one together. Proabably cheaper and a lot less of a headache. There's a complete '66 on the ROA website in the "HOT new classifieds" that's described as a 98K car needing some TLC to complete the restoration. $4K.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Update: Car has dash cluster, pad and complete steering column. Under the hood the car has the powersteering pump and bracket, master cylinder, brake booster and radiator. Looking at the grill, it is complete and has the headlight assemblies. Some of the interior trim is in the trunk as well. Interior seems to need a front seat, headliner etc.

Thanks for the input. I tend to agree now as the owner sent me some more pictures and I see where the issues are. That is why I threw this out there. Sometimes you try to see the good in something but as you think through it you look at what you hope it would be fixed up.