39 plymouths

one-shot

I'm going to be removing parts from two 39 Plymouths before the crusher gets them in the spring. good doghouse/grill on the one. One is a deluxe with a 3 speed. I only plan to salvage drive train on both and gas tank/straps. PM with wants,

Guest Shoe1932

One Shot,

can you send some photos. I have a 1939 P-8 which just got its Original HPOF tab this year but hate to see the crusher get some good parts. Are there any interior parts worth saving? Also, exterior trim?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Don't know if these made it to the crusher yet but if not I need a steering column shaft, either P7 or P8 should be the same, it is the one that is a 3/4" shaft with the hole down the center for the horn button and, most importantly, the splined top for the steering wheel rather than the keyway type. The spline is 40 teeth, 11/16". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

On the P8 Deluxe I have pulled the rear end/drive shaft/transmission and getting ready to do motor block. (I have it on its side, makes life easy) Do you need the whole kit and kabodala clear to the steering box, or just the shaft itself? The other is a P7. (No motor/transmission) Whole steering shaft is there. Was going to pull pedals/plate/shafts anyway on it next. I can tell by pulling the steering wheel/Right? Snow should be melted to get in there this week.

All I need is the shaft, I have the jacket and the wheel. Either the P7 or the P8 shaft should work but I would think the P7 is easier since it is a floor shift (and is what I have) and doesn't have the big column with all the shift mechanism. By pulling the wheel you should be able to tell if it is a splined shaft--actually, just by removing the horn button (held on with three screws from the back side of the wheel) and removing the nut holding on the wheel you should be able to tell if it is a spline type or keystock type. Let me know what works for you. Thanks for the prompt reply. You can reach me at 619-807-7830. SMB

• 1 month later...

I believe both dash clusters are complete,(I have not pulled or messed with either one) one has a radio, with rust damage on top.

I did pull steering box for P7. Cars are still there (I have a motor to pull, P8) as the ground is still very wet. I will try to pull both, late this week or early next.