1937 buick special 41

marcnoni

I am going to the paint shop tommlrrow and will try to figure exactly what pieces i need.....do you know who reproduces the running board trim....i have it for one side but am missing one....what kind of condition are your pieces in? thanks so mich for responding!

Hi,

The running board molding was available from; Restoration Services P.O. Box 442, Perry, Michigan 48872. Nice folks and might send a sample for a nominal fee. I believe it is made of aluminum and thicker than original, but looks nice.

I haven't really looked close or cleaned up the pieces I removed from a 1937 model 41, but believe they are good with plenty of dirt, paint over spray, and only a few minor dents.

If you do a search on here for Dave Tacheny you will find another great source for parts for your car.

So, how about some pictures? You a member of the BCA, 36-38 club? Seriously if nothing else join the 37-38 group on Yahoo (it's free). The old Torque Tubes are available on line and have tons of info free for the time. Carl

I just need the metal trim piece that goes on the running board...i am restorimg them myself....i will work on getting pics up. i am a couple months away from having it look nice and cruising. i am not a member of the clubs. i will check it out. i will let you know after i have looked as to what trim pieces i need.

• 3 months later...

My 37 special is getting closer to hitting the road soon. I really need to find the metal running board molding trim. Anyone have any solid leads and phone numbers. I called a number for Jim Campbell of Restoration services at 517-675-7150 and left a message. Any other ideas....anyone have a number for Dave T?