Desoto 1933 roadster

Steen1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167862[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]167863[/ATTACH]

Hi , need help to identify this car , the owner claim it to be a 1933 De Soto Convertible , and I can only say : never saw a 33 with this body style , any experts out there with an answer.

It look like a car there is not tampered with , all parts seem to fit okay and also fit okay in the lines , but who made this body ??

Could very well be a custom built , but also if you look around rear fender you have an extra edge if we can call it that , and door also seem wider than you see them on a 31 De Soto , and the cowl is much much wider than normal for 32 , all in all a very special body

Could very well be a custom built , but also if you look around rear fender you have an extra edge if we can call it that , and door also seem wider than you see them on a 31 De Soto , and the cowl is much much wider than normal for 32 , all in all a very special body

I don't know what "extra edge" you are meaning, but this '31 convertible coupe sure looks the same as the car in question.....

post-37352-14313929819_thumb.jpg

Try to compare the body around rear fender and you´ll see that it´s different shaped on the body , my previous 31 De Soto had a sharp edge

I see now what you mean. It is probably a Dodge body then. It is a convertible coupe, not a roadster. Chrysler did a lot of body/model combinations and used Dodge front ends with Plymouth bodies and vice versa overseas throughout the years.

post-37352-143139298194_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143139298196_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Yes you are right it is a Dodge , could they have changed the Dodge 33 model to this as we see on these pictures , I think : bumbers is diff. , radiator shell look like De Soto 32-33 , and the question is : did Dodge "inherit" these items to their 1933 model.

Would love to see a picture of an original Dodge Convertible Coupe 1933 , if anybody out there have a picture or two then please email to the email address as mentioned above.

John : Perfect , and I say many many thanks for all infos/pics about this issue.

Thanks

Steen