First Mud!

I have been very quietly reading along with the forum while I have been shaking down the Senior, which has been surprisingly trouble free. The car has nearly 1000 miles on it since completion and I am pleased to report that we successfully completed a road rally in France last weekend. I am attaching before and after pictures of the car. The start photo was taken at the Aire du Cap near Calais and shows the car's new head (thank you again Ron Lawson!). The second picture is in the village of Hesdin about 20 km from the finish (it took hours to wash all of the mud off). We got a lot of attention because we were the only car with the navigator seated in the back! The tripmeter and potty were on long leads and the arrangement worked very well.

One of the other entrants was in a 1929 Chrysler 70, so there was a lot of comparing and contrasting, but I think the cars have little in common given that Chrysler did not have much influence on my car which we think was made in May 1928.

We did have one Monthy Python moment on the trip home when on section of the steering wheel detached itself mid-corner, but our equilibrium was restored with a some champers and the missing section was restored with a bit of tape.

Regards,

Mike

post-85710-143139285558_thumb.jpg

post-85710-14313928556_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, It is great to hear that you had a great time rallying around France. I was only thinking of you and the rally last week and I was going to drop you a line to see how everthing went. Well now I dont have to And its good to know that the 2251 performed faultlessly Cheerio Ron MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL DB OWNERS IN THE UK