Battery Box for 22 Buick Coupe

Guest 22Coupe

Guest 22Coupe

Could someone post a picture of a battery box for a 1922 Buick Coupe? The box I have I do not believe is original. Should the box be enclosed on all 4 sides or open? The one I have is an open frame and I don't believe that's correct.

Thank you for your time

Guest 22Coupe

Mark,

Thank you so much for the picture and taking the time! That is what I suspected. You say the '24 is a parts car. Are you parting out the car at all? I would be interested in the battery box and perhaps other parts if you were.

Anyway, thanks again

Guest 22Coupe

Mark,

Can I ask where in Wisconsin the parts car is? I am in the Chicago area. It is pretty cold here now so I am not in that much of a hurry. Is the car a 4 cylinder?

Thanks,

Gary

Guest 22Coupe

Mark,

Well, that's a little too far at the moment (6 hours). It the '24 a two door coupe? Either way there are some standard items that I need: Battery Box, Gas Cap, Generator Cover, Trunk Latch, etc. Just let me know whenever you and your buddy are ready.

Thank you for your time,

Gary

Gary,

I may have a extra box, I have two orig. ones that I used as a pattern for a new box.

I also have a gas cap. The gen cover is that nickle one over the brushes? If so Terry Wiegand in Kansas

may have a refinished one. He refinished a few last year.

Send me a pm and I can send you a pic of the box and cap.

JB

1922-6-55 Sport Touring