Reatta pens

Jim

I was looking at two extra pens I curently have and noticed they are different.

Was there and early and a late pen? Maybe the one supposed to be in the large folder is different from the ones in the early small folders? The NOS pen did not come in a folder but in a plastic wrapper.

The one I have with the worn script is a "New Yorker" and the NOS one is a "P" Parker?

post-30613-143139245489_thumb.jpg

The only pens I have are in '90-'91 portfolios, so looking at yours, one looks (1) slightly longer, (2) the gold band in the middle looks narrower (3) there is a noticable difference in the clip.

The '90-'91 portfolio has a molded indention for the pen and it appears the longer one would not fit.

The '88-'89 owners manual leather cover had no restriction on pen length, so my guess would be the longer one is the earlier one.

As some of you remember, 10+ years back, it seemed like the black pens were plentiful, I suspect some were given out by dealers as gifts and are not from a owners manual. I would also speculate that they were the earlier design when Buick was actually advertising the Reatta, but there could be yet a third design.

If anyone has a black Reatta pen with a different look please post pictures.

Guest HessLakeGuy

Just checked mine and I have five of the Parker pens (the one with the gold band in the middle).

Never knew there was a difference.

They work, too.

The two pens are the exact same length. The New Yorker pen has a flat top and the P pen has an angled top.

The NOS "P" pen I have left I got from Bob Neuman several years ago. I bought about 20 of them from him and they were all individual pens in individual plastic wrappers.

I have a complete large folder still in the plastic wrapping and in that folder is a "P" pen like my NOS individual one. The tire gauge says Taiwan on it and the flashlight says USA on it along with "light systems"