Identifying automobile eras: is there a handy list?

Guest Oklahoma Traveler

Guest Oklahoma Traveler

Awhile back, I asked if someone could identify the year of an automobile in an old photo for a book project that we were working on. You guys were an amazing help! I'm back again with a similar question, however, it would have to either start multiple threads or find a handy guide.

The next book project is a photo-book that shows how the town progressed in each decade. In order to identify the approximate dates of many of the photos, the only real identifying aspects are the automobiles in each photo.

Is there a guide somewhere that I can use to help get the approximate year of the automobiles?

Thanks!

Guest Oklahoma Traveler

I searched around a bit, but didn't find what I was looking for. I figured that there would be a graphical chart that would have the general body styles listed, but so far I haven't come across anything. I just don't have a good eye for automobiles from the 20s to the early 60s. Thanks!

Guest Oklahoma Traveler

Manuel, Cool site! I'll have to look around it more tomorrow..

Mainly, I'm looking for just a few sample photos from each decade, all on one page, if possible. I have close to 400 photos that I have to go through and date so if I could get a few of them narrowed down then that would help with the rest.