Greetings U*S*A, Would like to assist my Dad w Model 30 1913 Buick Specs PLEASE

Guest HelpingDadsBuick

Guest HelpingDadsBuick

Hello and Greetings to the AACA,

I have given myself the mission to assist my Dad with the building of his Model 30 - 1913 Buick.

As so few of these cars made it to New Zealand...we are really stuck obtaining specs. My poor Dad is trying to get the internal & extenal measurement for the front wheel guards.

Can the find folk on here please point me on the right direction?

My Dad has alot of parts and he really has searched this country HIGH & Low...but here is only one known model in NZ.

Any help - would be a vast improvement of where we are now.

Cheers & thanks for reading Symone & her Dad :-)

Edited by HelpingDadsBuick
He is also looking for a Hood for his Roadster too (see edit history)

Do you have any idea if your Buick was produced in the US or Canada? It makes a difference. Starting in 1907 the McLaughlin Carriage Company of Oshawa Ontario had exclusive rights to build and sell Buicks in Canada. They used Buick chassis with bodies of their own design and manufacture which were different from the Detroit product. Many of the Buicks found in Commonwealth countries are actually McLaughlin Buicks. There were no import duties between Commonwealth countries so buying from Canada instead of the US could result in savings of up to 25% or 35%.

If you have one the emblems and data plates should be clearly marked.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Guest HelpingDadsBuick

Thanks you for your reply Rusty_O'Toole Just called my Dad to confirm that we are dealing with an auth USA manufacture - and Dad confrimed he is not doing a re build of a McLaughlin. So we are indeed after the Detroit manufacture. He said your question was thoughtful & how we need to be clear....so thanks for pointing this out. He really know its a push to find an auth Hood. Yet this wonderful thing all the interent does make the world so much smaller. Cheers for kind assistance. PS My Dad thinks now there are now known examples left NZ....hence why is has had to resort to blowing up photographs and actioning scaled drawings to create parts. I said to him ...surely you don't have to go to that much trouble if we ask for help to prevent him having to do it that hard way.

Guest HelpingDadsBuick

Great suggestion 1939 Buick, yes we shall pop up an advert in the PreWar section.

My Dad lives North of Auckland in the North Island of NZ in Wellsford and is often where I live in an area Karaka just slightly south of Aucklabd city.

Thanks again :-)

Symone,

I think it important to question if your Dad has been in communication with other Buick owners in New Zealand and Australia. There are quite a number of Buick owners in both countries, but I think mmany of the cars are from the 1920s and newer. Than again, there are not a lot of 1913 Buicks in the USA either. There are several Buick owners of teens cars and I would encourage that you post and comunicate on the Buick forum and I am sure that many specific questions can be resolved there.

John

Guest HelpingDadsBuick
Symone,

I think it important to question if your Dad has been in communication with other Buick owners in New Zealand and Australia. There are quite a number of Buick owners in both countries, but I think mmany of the cars are from the 1920s and newer. Than again, there are not a lot of 1913 Buicks in the USA either. There are several Buick owners of teens cars and I would encourage that you post and comunicate on the Buick forum and I am sure that many specific questions can be resolved there.

John

Thanks for the reply :-) We have just requested to join BrassBuicks. hoping to connect with fellow owners that can assist with measurements. This is going to save alot of extra work. Cheers John :-)

Guest HelpingDadsBuick

Phil Hi,

thanks for your reply too. Yes..just requested to join BrassBuicks. We are likely to connect with fellow collectors now. Cheers & thanks again