Lowered my 63 today

Guest mtn

Hi all, I lowered my 63 today. I used Coil Spring Specialties 3" drop springs. I had a friend of mine help me and we did it in about 3 hours. Then we had brake issues, ended up being a bad rear line which we replaced and a misaligned front shoe causing a rebuild on the front caliper. We ended up about 2 hours more on those. I also put AWC Supremes on it with a slightly taller tire. Overall I am happy with it. It does rub up front on the inner fender and fender lip some so I will have to address that but I will get it sorted out. It looks soooo much better dropped a bit. I will post a full write up of the process if there's any interest. I also picked up a hopefully rebuild-able 401 and dynaflow this morning. Busy day pics of end result tomorrow or Monday.

Cool, look forward to pictures. Getting ready to do the same to my '63 only now thinking 2" drop because of clearance issue.

How long did you wait(shipping) for the springs?? Most of these venders say 2-3 weeks. I'll be watching.. Thanks

Edited by 5150 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Yes they were still in ok shape. I am not sure what you would like to know?

Also I need to post some pics for this thread but only have them on my computer not on a photo host site so I am not sure how to do it.

Hello from Texas, I've got a question about your old springs. Were they good? I'm trying to locate a good set of rear springs for my '65. What can you tell me?

If you are going to replace your springs you might be better off getting new ones . Its a lot of work to replace them and the used springs are OLD . Coil Spring Specialties has a good reputation and you can get std. springs or GS springs for your car . Good Luck !

Hello from Texas, I've got a question about your old springs. Were they good? I'm trying to locate a good set of rear springs for my '65. What can you tell me?

Re-read post #6 until you become a believer. Mr. Sweeney knows of which he speaketh. Then re-read it a couple of more times.

Ed

I would like to see pics too. I have torn down my front end to rebuild it up with new goodies. Shorter springs are now am interest. I would love to see what 3" drop is like please

When I asked, one of the Senior Members here mentioned that the standard and GS springs are not different springs. He explained that the stiffer springs we all call GS were actually not standard equipment on the GS. The car would have needed to be ordered with a ride & handling upgrade package option called H-2???

I know we are talking luxury cars here. But I'm looking to tighten up my suspension too

David

'65 Riviera, Deluxe, A/C

Lets see if this works

post-73765-143141750797_thumb.jpg

post-73765-1431417508_thumb.jpg

and a couple of stock shots for reference

post-73765-143141750804_thumb.jpg

post-73765-143141750809_thumb.jpg

the springs are CSS 3" drop tires are 225/75/15 and they rub I am gonna drop down a couple of sizes.