ROA's newest member...

96roadmaster

Guest Steeleco

Welcome to ROA, I have been a member for a few months now. This forum is great for info and occasional levity. The folks on this forum are very knoledgeable and helpful. We Like Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard 96roadmaster. Glad you joined us and look forward to your input. Tell us more about your 64 and post some pics when you get a chance.

We like to be on a first name basis so don't be afraid to put at least your first name and ROA number in your signature.

It's a white 64, with a 425, a/c and blue leather deluxe interior. Has a few nice options. We bought it some 20 years ago from the then BCA Treasurer Cecil Don. I know he was active in the club and drove the car cross country to the BCA meets on a couple occasions.

I'll have some pics up in a couple of days.

As soon as you get your "ROA package" you can find out all sorts of stuff about your '64. The Fisher data plate will tell you about some of the options that were originally with the car. When it was built, how late in the year it was built, the trim package, paint code, and some of the options for which Fisher body had to make modifications to the basic car for certain options. Things like tilt wheel, cruise control, etc could be added in final assembly after the car left Fisher body.

We can help you decode it or you can peruse the Member's only section of the website and figure a lot of it out for yourself.

You can also familiarize yourself with which cars came standard with the 401 (63 and 65) and which came standard with the 425 ('64 and '66) as well as a ton of other information.

The "Advanced Search" option is good for a quick reference if you think you might have a question that's been brought up previously. Nothing like instant gratification.

Ed

Get those pictures posted and keep us up to date.

The shift knob was out just to polish the chrome up a bit...

It needs some a/c work as the system has a leak in it somewhere. The last mechanic who rebuilt the carb also pulled off all the lines, and I'm pretty frustrated trying to figure out what goes where.

Just started detailing the engine this past weekend. Should be all done in a week or so. Taking my time as I'm a perfectionist.

One word of advice most of give to any new Riviera owner is to get a copy of the original chassis manual. You can find originals, reprints, and CD's. The lines for the carb should be illustrated in the manual. There aren't too many lines on these cars, what exactly can't you figure out?

Ed

One word of advice most of give to any new Riviera owner is to get a copy of the original chassis manual. You can find originals, reprints, and CD's. The lines for the carb should be illustrated in the manual. There aren't too many lines on these cars, what exactly can't you figure out?

Ed

Oh I didn't mean the lines on the carb, I meant he pulled off the hoses for the a/c for some unknown reason. I have 5 loose hoses just hanging out.

I have the body and chassis manuals and will track down what goes where soon.

I also found two electrical connectors near the firewall yesterday, so it looks like I'll have to spend some quality time with the manual today.

My car is in the same situation. Someone cut the wires to the relay and pulled off all the vacuum lines, then discarded the dual diaphrams. When you get this sorted out - which vacuum hose is which - pleeeeeease let me know. With out any of the factory color markings left on the hoses, not only am I not even in left field, I'm not even in the ball park.

Thanks,

Ed