1964 Starfire Convertible

gkhashem

The 1964 Product Selling Information manual also indicates power windows and 2-way power seat were standard equipment on the convertible. However- since in those days the right money and the right dealer would get you what you wanted, it's possible some were built without. I'd want documentation though, since someone could have gone to a lot of trouble and converted a Dynamic 88 convert into a Starfire.

Guest chequenman
The 1964 Product Selling Information manual also indicates power windows and 2-way power seat were standard equipment on the convertible. However- since in those days the right money and the right dealer would get you what you wanted, it's possible some were built without. I'd want documentation though, since someone could have gone to a lot of trouble and converted a Dynamic 88 convert into a Starfire.

I have a friend with a '64 Conv. and it has factory crank windows, I'm not sure about the seat as I haven't seen the seats in a long while....:)

I know this car had two cranks both on the door one for the vent and the other for the windows

If that's the case, then as Paul alluded to with the power window switches being located in the console for Starfires, it would make me throw up a red flag with regards to the car being an actual Starfire production vehicle. I have never seen a Starfire with power windows having the switches located anywhere else but in the console, except for perhaps the 1966 models which did not necessarily have a console (i.e., a bench seat Starfire for '66 with power windows would have the switches in the door panels, I'm sure).

I know up through 1963, you could tell a Starfire by the third number in the VIN being a "6"; after the new system came out for VIN's in 1964, not sure if or how a model was designated, would have to do some research on it.

Ok, this is a little more definitive; for 1964, according to this site, the first three numbers should be 864 for a Starfire; 8 signifying an 8-cylinder car, which of course all Olds Starfires would have been; the 6 carries over from previous years to designate the Starfire model, and the 4 is because of the model year, 1964. These three digits are followed by a letter that designates the plant where the car was assembled, and these are followed by several digits that reflect the production sequence number.

http://www.tpocr.com/oldsvin2.html