1937 President Convertible

Guest mfell

Hi

I live in the UK and would like to find out more about (and get a idea of the value of) the 1937 President Convertible my late father-in-law left behined. It has been off the road for approx 10 years and apparently needs new uphostery throughout plus a new ash frame. However, I am told, the bodywork, chassis and engine are in very good condition.

The UK vehicle registration document records the following:

Chassis/frame No. 7111003

Engine No. B.15522

Cylinder Capacity. 3998 CC

Date of Registration 09 01 37

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Ceratinly. I'm planning to visit it (with camera) in the next month or 2. However I might be able to get some old pictures from my mother-in-law before that..

I have seen two door Tickford bodied cars, but never a four door. Assuming that it is a Tickford body, of course. They seem to have to been the most prolific British builder of custom bodies for Studebaker. Graber (Swiss) also built custom bodies for Studebaker and this body has some Graber like qualities. There should be a builders plate somewhere on the body.

Terry

Given the rarity of the custom body, you will only find the value in a well advertised auction. Plan on restoring it? Plan on cleaning it up and making it road safe and functional?

At the very least, clean and examine the total condition. If you plan on selling, your final value will depend on the clarity of your offering. It is (was) a lovely and rare automobile.

Not sure what we're going to do with it yet - love to see it back to its former glory though.. Next step is to go and see it and once I have, I'll post more info and pictures.