When should we meet at Hershey?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, When should we meet during Hershey and where? Post your Ideas. I think it should be before judging starts, I for one leave asap after judging. SalG smile.gif

Guest snkchevcol

I sorta go along with meeting before judging for the same reason. After a week of Hershey I like to get back home by saturday night to have a "cool down" day before work starts again!<P>Rock

What about right after judge's breakfast? Those who don't judge can wait for us if we're running late due to long winded speakers. Or what about maybe on Friday afternoon. I've got flea market spots in the White field we could meet at.<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 08-31-2000).]

Just a friendly offer.<P>If some or all of you folks wish, you are very welcomed some evening to come over and meet at my shop. I'm 7 miles south of the show field, about 10 minutes away. I was just thinking that not everyone can be at the same place at the same time there at the show with all the activities of the week and the crowd. Maybe some night would be more relaxing to shoot the breeze together. <BR>I help my one friend each year sell in the market every day and some nights we work close to dark or I'd say any time during the day would be fine. If you folks want to, I'd enjoy having you over at least one evening for sure. You guys call the night, as any night will be fine for me. Work it out here and let me know if you would like this. It may be fun and not as busy as there at the show.<P>Rick

Rick~~ Great idea! I like the evening or night suggestion. Give a little time to unwind and perhaps we could go to dinner before or after the get together. <BR> There is one condition however. I want to polish a spark plug on one of the cars you are working on so that I can tell the folks here in Fl. I restored or well, at least helped to resore a GN winner. Maybe you can get Dan or someone else to do the rest of the plugs. I hear he has a lots of experience polishing cars.<BR>later-jac

Guest boettger

Great idea Rick, I'd love to see your shop and visit a bit. I think that sometime Wednesday or Thursday evening would be great. I'm in awe of someone that actually makes his livelyhood in the old car hobby.<P>------------------<BR>Steve Boettger<BR>'30 DeSoto 8<BR>'59 Nash Metropolitan<BR>'23 Chevrolet Touring<BR>Iroquois Region, AACA Web Site<BR>http://www.aaca.org/iroquois/

Hey,<P>Sounds great and we can let Rick pick the place and time. This is always a busy time for everyone but a get together will be great.<P>Later,<BR>Bob

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Novaman, I could give you a ride in my Ford station wagon (1999)it has heat, A/C, wipers (can use them all in the same day at Hershey). We could all chip in for soda, chips, etc. SalG

SalG, Thanks for the offer. But, do you have something other than a blush.gif Ford? It'd be bad for my image to be seen in one. wink.gif Seroiusly, I'd be willing to take you up on your offer. We can discuss meeting time and place when we get more details on the get together.<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 09-01-2000).]

Guest rcirilli

I think that is a great suggestion, I would love to see your shop. Your in Hummelstown Right? Any night would be good for me. I will be there by Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, which ever night is fine with me. Let's get more feed back from the DF'ers and also get Ron back home from being out west as I believe he was thinking of something in this line of a meeting also. <P>I was thinking of getting out a directions map via e-mail to those who would like to come.<BR>Rick

I'm back - you all have been having too much fun in my absence!! Yea verily, I think a meeting will be good for our souls (so sayeth Father Ron) and our soles (so sayeth our podiatrist).<P>Looks to me like we have only two windows of opportunity - One is a meeting between the end of judges breakfast (about 8-8:30) and judging (starts at 10:00). Best to meet on judging field since most of us have to judge. There is some decent space between Class 5d/5e and the hedges at the east end of the field.<P>I also like the idea of visiting Rick's shop (it'll give him a good excuse to clean it up). However, Thursday evening is the Museum dinner which may impact some, and Friday evening will be a problem for some (a few of us must attend a board dinner). How about Wednesday? Am sure there will be enough transportation if needed (with some Chevy's and GMCs in addition to Fords).<P>I'd like to visit the shop, but sort of favor the showfield meeting - but am open to concensus.

If your interested, I have 3 spaces available for a meeting. They are C4E 1-3. They're in the chocolate field annex, on pavement and usually refreshments are available. Ron, I'm sure you can attest to that. Plus, this is fairly centrally located.<BR> Ron, I finally got the gear lube equivalent to 600W. I've been busier than a rooster in two hen houses, but I'll have some available at Hershey. Are you attending the dinner Thursday night. Irene and I would like to know. E-mail me at alantere@nauticom.net

Guest boettger

Wednesday evening is a great time to visit.<BR>I'll be at CS12 and have a Suburban available fro transport. Might have room for one or two riders.<BR>Just let me know when and how to get there!<P>------------------<BR>Steve Boettger<BR>'30 DeSoto 8<BR>'59 Nash Metropolitan<BR>'23 Chevrolet Touring<BR>Iroquois Region, AACA Web Site <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/iroquois/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/iroquois/</A> <p>[This message has been edited by boettger (edited 09-15-2000).]

Suggestion Chuck, <BR>To make traveling easier for you and the others in Yellow Field along the Swatara Creek, take your canoe with you to Hershey. Paddle 7.8 miles south, downstream toward Middletown until you have reached the dam. (The important part is that you get out before the dam.) Lights should be on in the shop and the fridge is full of cold ones. <BR>Should it rain a lot on Wednesday, bring the rest of yellow Field with you. I'll hit the beverage depot and get some kegs instead.<P>Rick<p>[This message has been edited by Rick Hoover (edited 09-15-2000).]

I will have my car at Hershey. If anyone needs a ride to Ricks let me know.<P>For those of you who are going by a canoe that is not equiped with an odometer, GPS, Loran or sextant, I will be at the dam throwing life jackets. grin.gif<BR>later-jac

I look forward to meeting some of you folks at Hershey. Made note of some of the Vendor locations. Will try and visit.<P>I will have my TR-6 in Class 25 on Saturday, so, likewise, stop by if you have a chance.<P>Regards,<P>Peter J.<P>------------------<BR>heizmann<BR>senior member

Two items:<P>Rick, we need a time for the Wed evening DFer bash and brass polishing event. Some of us will most likely schedule dinner to allow time to be there.<P>Second item - If you are a DFer and cannot make Hershey or the Wed evening event, how about sending a current photo to Rick or me and we will post them at the shop so we know what you look like when we talk behind your back in your semi-presence.

Ron,<BR>Just this morning, told the company I help out at Hershey, that I would be leaving at 5 PM sharp to head over here to the shop. I feel that it's safe to say that anytime after 6 PM should be good. If you want a actual set time for everybody to shoot for, then may I suggest 7 PM? You as Father Ron, have the final say on this. I'll be here after 5 PM, that you can count on.<P>I have not taken the time to put out a map to anyone as of yet. I'll work on that tonight.<P>As for the polishing brass event, if memory serves me correct, I thought we were going to sand and paint a Chrysler for Peter? rolleyes.gif<P>Rick

Hokay DFers - Try to get to Ricks sometime before 7 PM. We will have our traditional business meeting from 7:00 PM to 7:04 PM. That gives us plenty of time to get to know each other, pass on the official gossip, polish brass or paint the Webgeeks car (bring your own spray can) and maybe get to the Wick in time for some great chow. Already have 2 photos for DFers who are not coming. Rick - find a place we can pin up the photos - Dan says his is a full frontal nude, but I'll place a cyber bandage (a very small one is all that is needed) over the appropriate area.