Carpet, seat upol, door panels , oh my - 1955 Buick - - some pics of car too

jonahboo

Well it's time to move into the "gut" of the car - I am looking for a "jumping" off point to gather some interior items:

Carpet

Seat kits

door panels

if it comes down to it I may need the custom route -

anybody have any resorces (online - stock)

i found this carpet :

Buick Special Carpet Replacement Kit - 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958

anyone use these and have a review?

here she is up to date:

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1262.jpg

558251_4064289499840_2102511176_n.jpg

Jenkins probably has a kit for your car, although I've heard they're expensive..I don't think they have a website..otherwise a good upholstery shop should be able to replicate panels and such for you...

JENKINS INTERIORS & RESTORATIONS

Restoring Cadillacs And Buicks.

P.O. Box 1509

North Wilkesboro, NC 28659-1509

Your Special originally had Daytona carpet. Although more expensive than your link it is durable, low maintenance, and correct appearance. ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) makes most kits, so shop for price. SMS in Oregon has the correct material for your car and some kits and even Daytona carpet. It is alway best to buy material and have constructed locally. The Jenkins stuff is very pretty, pretty expensive and pretty much incorrect and far as the grain on the vinyl (I'm sorry folks, but that is a pet peeve of mine where big shot outfits sell incorrect stuff that soon becomes the standard and correct is regarded as incorrect).

Willie

Jenkins provided a complete interior kit for my 55. I'll tell you about it but unless it's by PM it will be deleted if I verbalize the myriad problems and deficiencies that came with it..................Bob

pm me and let it rip!

thanks guys regarding the pint -

I sprayed it myself in moms garage, gold = Inca Gold (PT Cruiser/Prowler) and white is Ermine

the gold really snaps in the sun - i'm happy

here's a silly one of me:

DSC_5438-2.jpg

and a few more (red wheels are gone) - i changed to the black and more content with that

422299_4064288579817_1582375090_n.jpg

DSC_1259.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

I knew I knew it from somewhere. For what another opinion is worth, I like your car with the red wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Sets off the whitewalls nicely. A matching red and white tuck 'n roll interior would be just the thing - but there I go, opinionating again.

I knew I knew it from somewhere. For what another opinion is worth, I like your car with the red wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Sets off the whitewalls nicely. A matching red and white tuck 'n roll interior would be just the thing - but there I go, opinionating again.

thanks - i still have thew red set intact - (the red wheels have the hub cao clips -)

BUT

the tires on the red wheels are tiny compared to the black wheels