WTB 1995 Buick Riviera touch-up paint

1953mack

Looking for Paint Code #34 . . . . . light Jadestone Metallic . . . . . touch-up paint in a shake & shoot rattle can or a small bottle with brush applicator. Anybody got an OEM one? Checked with local Buick dealer, "no longer available."

Any help or a source would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

post-41556-143139123062_thumb.jpg

For a rattle can, go to your local Auto Paint and Body supply jobber. They can probably mix up the same paint they sell to the body shops adn put it into an aerosol for you. It will be much better than what you might find over the counter. Not knowing what you need it for, you can probably get it as a single stage, or as a base coat / clear coat. If the latter, you'll want to get some clear to go with it.

Have you seen the ads on TV for Dr. Color Chip? Look at thier website and see what you think. There's one other one as well with the same product. If you watch the Speed Channel or Velocity, you'll see their ads.

Ed

. . . . . Where was that picture taken? . . . . .

To: Jason & Ed

Thanks for the ideas on the touch-up paint that I'm looking for.

In late June 2009, we drove out to the BCA NATIONALS in Colorado Springs, Colorado and had a good time. We had some extra time so we drove to Cañon City, Colorado, approx. an hour SW of Colorado Springs, to the ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE . . . . . advertised with a deck height of 956.0' above the turbulent Arkansas River, ranks among the highest suspension bridges in the world.

The wifey was afraid to walk across it, so, we drove across it. :o

Al Mack

BCA #8965

post-41556-143139124299_thumb.jpg

To: Jason & Ed

an hour SW of Colorado Springs, to the ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE . . . . . advertised with a deck height of 956.0' above the turbulent Arkansas River, ranks among the highest suspension bridges in the world.

The wifey was afraid to walk across it, so, we drove across it. :o

Al Mack

BCA #8965

Ahh-ha - I thought that was it. I have a similar pic on the bridge from 1994 when we were out there for the ROA national.

As was mentioned, a paint jobber can usually custom mix you a batch and put it into an aerosol can. I have done this a few times with great results.

Royal Gorge bridge.

I remember being out there on a vacation when I was 10-11 years old, and took a picture looking down through a knot hole in the wooden deck.

When I visitied the Royal Gorge in '76, you could only walk across it at that time. My kids were young and didn't even think how high they were and had a great time - scaring my wife at that time almost to death. Have they rebuilt the bridge in recent years to allow autos to cross it?

Ed

When I visitied the Royal Gorge in '76, you could only walk across it at that time. My kids were young and didn't even think how high they were and had a great time - scaring my wife at that time almost to death. Have they rebuilt the bridge in recent years to allow autos to cross it?

Ed

There are some interesting stories about the bridge, as found on the ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE Google/Wikipedia site:

.....The bridge was closed to vehicle traffic from 1982-83 for significant renovations. During this time new cable anchors were installed. The original rusting cable ends were replaced by new multi-strand cables and then each of the 2,100 strands of existing suspension cable were spliced together with the new anchor cables. The bridge also got new floor timbers, wind cabling, and improvements to the bridge towers.....

Al Mack

BCA #8965