summertime and the kids are out with bikes......

NCBRIJEN

Dang, The kids are out with their bikes... doing what kids do haveing fiun in the summer sun BUT... now I have a 3 inch scratch on my drivers side door.... anyone have a great scratch repair idea??? other then a repaint??:-(... the touchup paint will look worse as well...

thanks,

Guest Steeleco
Dang, The kids are out with their bikes... doing what kids do haveing fiun in the summer sun BUT... now I have a 3 inch scratch on my drivers side door.... anyone have a great scratch repair idea??? other then a repaint??:-(... the touchup paint will look worse as well...

thanks,

Although I have no way of knowing what the scratch looks like, sometimes they can be polished out. Good luck.

Although I have no way of knowing what the scratch looks like, sometimes they can be polished out. Good luck.

Thanks, I tried that but its not just your regualr scratch,... its a deep scratch where I can scrape my nail into it.......from the bike handle.... is their a clear filler out there??

Thanks,

Guest Rob J

Yep, sounds like a door repaint is in order if it is that deep. I'd also make the kid pay for it. Not sure if it was your kid or not, but either way, make them do some "sweat required" work around your house to "work" the cost off.

thanks,

If it is basecoat/clearcoat you can can match the color and use a fine brush to build it up in layers. Then build up some clear coat layers and try to buff it smooth by hand. Takes some patience, but it's worth a shot if you don't want to paint the door.