Fall Carlisle Campground??

A couple friends and I are thinking about a maiden voyage to the fall Carlilse event and were wondering if any of you could tell us of a good campground near the event?? Thanx! wink.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0<p>[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: 54 Oldsman ]

Guest BruceW

It sounds like you believe Carlisle is an AACA event. The AACA does not put on any of the Carlisle events. Fall Hershey is put on by AACA members because it is part of the AACA Eastern Divisional Fall Meet. The events put on at Carlisle are done so by a commercial promotion company that promotes such events for profit.

Bruce, <BR>Thanx for the clarification on Carlisle. I saw the event in the AACA list and didn't realize it is not put on by them. I've been to Hershey, but not Carlisle and was wondering if the events are similar?? smile.gif" border="0

Back in the "Good Old Days" AACA had a 1940 year cutoff, for cars and parts at Hershey. The Millers started Carlisle to cater to the latemodel croud. They have done well, now owning the fairground they once rented. I believe there is an event held every month at Carlisle.

Dan't know of any camping facilities in Carlisle, some guys rent a motorhome space close to the grounds but I don't know how that works or how much per night. <A HREF="http://www.carsatcarlisle.com" TARGET=_blank>www.carsatcarlisle.com</A> should have some info.<P>What I DO know is that Carlisle area hotels are nothing less than rapacious during an event week. The year (1996) the Super 8 told us the next year's rate would be $125 a night, 3 night minimum, payable in full in advance and nonrefundable, was the year we moved to Gettysburg. I can drive 60 miles a day thru some of the most beautiful country anywhere to cut my lodging bill in half.

Try Western Village RV Park in Carlisle. 1-717-243-1179. It's clean and quiet.You can call for reservations and directions.I would call early to make sure you get a reservation even though they have 250 sites.

I've been going to Carlisle every Spring, Summer and Fall for many years now. We bring a trailer and park in the Carlisle Fire Company lot located next to the Armory. Ther are no reserved spaces. It is on a first come first serve basis. There are no hookups,but they do provide portable toilets. The charge has been $ 20.00 per night.The site is located at Gate 6 so all you do is walk the equivalent of a block or two and you're in the fairgrounds.