1930 PLYMOUTH SPEEDOMETER

dnd55

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WHERE I CAN FIND A COMPLETE WORKING SPPEDOMETER? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
THANKS TO KEISER31 I WILL PROBABLY CONTACT YOU SOON AS I AM A NOVICE WITH THESE OLDS CARS

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DodgeKCL

As far as I know 1928,'29 and '30 Plymouth speedometers are the same. They are the rotating drum type with the little window. I believe they are all Northeast manu. but I'm not sure. I do know they are identical. Bob's Speedomter Repair in Howell Mich. might be a good start. He's on the net and has a 1-800 number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one that I forgot I had. I'm not sure if it works, but the visible drum portion will move around if you lightly shake it. It appears complete, but the black face will need to be repainted and the whole thing needs to be disassembled and cleaned. The chrome plating on the frame that actually sticks thru the dash will need to be replated as well. Please let me know if you, or anyone else for that matter, would like me to send them photos. Looks like a great candidate for an easy restoration.

I have one that I forgot I had. I'm not sure if it works, but the visible drum portion will move around if you lightly shake it. It appears complete, but the black face will need to be repainted and the whole thing needs to be disassembled and cleaned. The chrome plating on the frame that actually sticks thru the dash will need to be replated as well. Please let me know if you, or anyone else for that matter, would like me to send them photos. Looks like a great candidate for an easy restoration.

The "frame" that sticks through the dash should be nickel plated, not chrome (same is true for all of the instrument bezels). All of the interior handles and escutcheons would be nickel plated, also.

• 1 year later...