Calling all "BCA oldtimers"...

41Roadmaster

Does anyone remember a BCA member with the last name "Hetzel"?

His name is etched on the back of almost every chromed piece of my 1941-76C Buick. So far, I've only been able to trace ownership back to the early 1990's and his name hasn't come up yet. He obviously spent some money because almost all of the chrome still looks great.

Just trying to piece together the history. Any leads would be appreciated.

post-75951-143139086593_thumb.jpg

Does anyone remember a BCA member with the last name "Hetzel"?

His name is etched on the back of almost every chromed piece of my 1941-76C Buick. So far, I've only been able to trace ownership back to the early 1990's and his name hasn't come up yet. He obviously spent some money because almost all of the chrome still looks great.

Just trying to piece together the history. Any leads would be appreciated.

Here are two leads (prior to the early 1990's that you mentioned) that you might want to follow up on . . . . .

Hetzel, Thomas C. #14564

1408 Laurel Dr.

Macedonia, Ohio 44056

1968 4469

This info was taken from the BUICK BUGLE, June 1984 issue, in the "Welcome New Members" list. This member's last listing under "Ohio" members was in the 1999 BCA MEMBERSHIP ROSTER. He could have moved to a different state or ? though. See Pic #1.

Hetzel, Robert #15506

1064 Lotus Pkwy #946

Altmonte Springs, Florida 32174

This info was taken from the BUICK BUGLE, May 1985 issue, in the "Welcome New Members" list. This identical listing appeared in the 1989 BCA MEMBERSHIP ROSTER for the last time under "Florida" members. He too could have moved or ? See Pic #2.

You might want to try asking the BCA Office if their records show phone numbers for the two leads noted above or whether any other "HETZEL" named members prior to June 1984 exist. I have a complete BUICK BUGLE collection that goes back to the first issue. I didn't go back any further than 1985, though I did check the first April 10, 1966 single page issue and it didn't list any members by the name of HETZEL. :rolleyes:

Good luck and keep us updated. What does your "early 1990's" finding include?

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

post-41556-14313908858_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143139088563_thumb.jpg

I have a shirt-tail relative who works for a plating company. Company policy is that the employees put their name on every piece they plate, so if there is a problem, they know who did the work.

Next time you talk to your relative, ask him how the company keeps track of who brought in what pieces. . . . . unless they only do one customer's parts all at the same time, then move on to the next customer's parts all at the same time. Just curious. Thanks.

Nice story in the just-got-it-in-the-mail July 2012 BUICK BUGLE on your 1922, Model 46.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

Here are two leads (prior to the early 1990's that you mentioned) that you might want to follow up on . . . . .

Prospect one

This info was taken from the BUICK BUGLE, June 1984 issue, in the "Welcome New Members" list. This member's last listing under "Ohio" members was in the 1999 BCA MEMBERSHIP ROSTER. He could have moved to a different state or ? though. See Pic #1.

Prospect two

This info was taken from the BUICK BUGLE, May 1985 issue, in the "Welcome New Members" list. This identical listing appeared in the 1989 BCA MEMBERSHIP ROSTER for the last time under "Florida" members. He too could have moved or ? See Pic #2.

You might want to try asking the BCA Office if their records show phone numbers for the two leads noted above or whether any other "HETZEL" named members prior to June 1984 exist. I have a complete BUICK BUGLE collection that goes back to the first issue. I didn't go back any further than 1985, though I did check the first April 10, 1966 single page issue and it didn't list any members by the name of HETZEL. :rolleyes:

Good luck and keep us updated. What does your "early 1990's" finding include?

Al Mack

BCA #8965

Hey thanks for providing this information Al. I can't wait to dig into it!

Prior to my purchase in 1999 from a local dealer, it was purchased in 1993 by another dealer, Bill Anderson, in Ohio (not "the" Bill Anderson.) I spoke to his son, Jr, but he said his dad past away several years ago and kept poor records. He did say he remembered the car (I sent a picture) and thought his dad might have picked it up in Florida or out west (Arizona?) in an auction. That's where my trail leads so far... I'll keep the thread going as I find new information. Thanks to everyone for the advise and direction

Edited by 41Roadmaster
Removed member names/info (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest my3buicks

Guys, you probably should not be posting members contact information on the web without their consent - a private message for something like that would be much more in order.

Ouch, I didn't think of that. Thanks Keith.

I'll try to remove the post with the info. If anyone else has a lead please send me a PM.

Guys, you probably should not be posting members contact information on the web without their consent - a private message for something like that would be much more in order.