1929 DA gasoline guage

Dodgy6

I'm fairly certain by comparing pictures that this is the correct guage for my DA. However, the pictures don't show a needle present in the guage and the seller says he can't see one in there either. I guess I'll be passing on it unless anyone can verify that it is possible that the needle may have dropped out of view. All the dash pics I've seen show the needle resting at empty even in guages that are removed from the vehicle. Any thoughts?

Ross. :)

post-84687-143139069083_thumb.jpg

post-84687-143139069086_thumb.jpg

post-84687-143139069089_thumb.jpg

Strange corrosion pattern on the back? Perhaps the rest pin has broken off allowing the needle to drop out of sight. No use as it is - so I would try and take it apart and fix it. If not possible, see how far you can throw it! Never know you might hit a roo or a Dingo!

Ray

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be passing. I was going to offer him less if it didn't sell, but there is already a bid on it now, and it is too much for not working and maybe missing parts.

I did unfortunately hit a roo this week but it was with a hundred or so kilos of metal attatched to the front of my old troop carrier. Doh! :eek: