51 Henney Hearse

bigaadams

Am new to the Packards completely..I do have a trim question..while it does not appear to have the reveal trim on the rear curved glass/rear door inserted into a groove in the weatherstrip..how does this trim attach? could it be bolted through the rubber itself..does not appear to have riveted clips but could be I am just not familiar with these, I have not pulled the inner garnish or trim panels..was hoping to avoid this till I officially start the work in this area...thanks

• 1 month later...

Professional Car Society...went there looking also..seems very little is mentioned on the Henney vehicles there..Packard site I searched also...no biggy, when I pull the garnish and interior panels guess I wll find out then..was just curious for the moment..actually hoping to find someone else who may own one of these..the vehicle is a long term project..I have a few in front of it for now..again many thanks..

• 11 months later...

The trim screws through from the inside with, as I recall, threaded brass studs with nuts and washers. When I bought one of my '51s as a parts car the rear window was broken out. Because it was to be stored outdoors I located a replacement which turned out to be quite easy to install.

Now that I have no Henneys other than the '51 military ambulance parts car, I may part it out. It is a long-wheelbase 3-door military version so doesn't have all the usual Henney trim but does have some things that are specific to the commercial models including the rear bumper with a step.

Edited by Packard Don (see edit history)