1947 76c ...

bobcanuck

I am trying to put the above together (taken apart by others!) and need help ... I understand that the ignition coil is cowl mounted with an armored cable connecting the coil to the ignition switch (?). Darned if I can find any pics, schematics etc etc

ANY help would be most appreciated in terms of resources, pics, diagrams etc etc

thank you,

Bob

Guest Straight eight

Here are 2 more diagrams. Hope they help, they are from a 52 manual,but appear to be the same, At least they can be a guide.

Cliff

post-30843-143138993784_thumb.jpg

post-30843-1431389938_thumb.jpg

A 47 Buick coil is unique in their wire configuration and a lot of these cars no longer have the origional coil. On a 1947 coil the primary wire post (that is armored and goes to the ignition switch) is located on the bottom of the coil. The primary wire going to the distributor points and the wire leading to the distributor cap are both located in the top of the coil. The armored wire faces toward the firewall while the other 2 wires face forward. The coil is mounted on a bracket right next to the right side (passanger side) horn. Hope this helps

Thanks to everyone for their replies ... true, I do not get the opportunity to "be here" all that frequently. I'm located in Montreal.

Cliff - thank you sincerely for the schematics ... great help!!

Matt - I believe that I have the correct mount for the coil (on the firewall) but have no idea how the coil attaches to the mount ! A pic or drawing would be a great help...

Anyone know where I can source a clutch pushrod (from equaliser to fork), used or new ...?

once again, thank you...

Bob

• 2 weeks later...