55 RM, fitting new window trim, clip attachment

wex65

I am trying to install my nice new front windows and new trim but am a little lost as how best to attach the trim clips to the new trim pieces.

I have attached photos that hopefully display the clip and trim sufficiently.

The four little jagged tags need top puncture through the trim and then be bent over to secure it. I am thinking a very small drill piece would allow me to do this and keep the existing clips but wanted to check that there wasn't a far easier method using some other form of attachment.

Any help appreciated.

If nothing else hopefully this thread helps those trying to identify what clip is needed! The photos are pretty high res and can be clicked on to expand.

Paul

post-85740-143138991161_thumb.jpg

post-85740-143138991169_thumb.jpg

post-85740-143138991177_thumb.jpg

Nothing like that on my small body 55's so I can't comment with experiance. Sometimes the metal in bend over tabs is brittle and breaks after the first bend over. A possible solution for attachment may be to use pop rivets after removing the tabs. If so I would use SS rivets..............Bob

So, I think Bob is right and I am about to order these rivets for my window trim...they are solid rivets and not hollow, that OK?

Rivet, Flat, 1/8 In Dia, 1 In L, PK100 - Solid Rivets - Rivets - 6KY75 : Grainger Industrial Supply

I will post photos after the job is done to help others out trying to accomplish the same thing.

If anyone could recommend a rivet tool to install these it would be appreciated. Riveting is not something I have much experience of but suspect some sort of press required as opposed to a rivet gun?

Paul

Again I don't know what the thing you are attaching does or how strongly it needs to be attached. So POSSIBLY rivets would work, and if you can use them in this application POP rivets would be the easiest by far.................Bob.

Bob

Totally understand you are not making a recommendation, merely a suggestion. I will post an update once I get the trim together. I might also look for am image of it in the master chassis book to show the pierce I am referring to.

As always, thanks for the input y'all are providing.

Paul