Reatta Rear Wheel Alignment

Hi Folks,

Just noticed one of my rear tires is wearing unevenly with a negative camber and found Rock Auto.com has adjustment shims with various degrees for the rear.

Best to get the alignment shop to tell you how much the camber is off to get the correct shims. Shims install behind the rear wheel bearing hub assembly unlike the front that uses an adjustment bolt in the spindle for the upper strut mount bolt.

There's aftermarket front camber bolts to increase/decrease camber up to 2 degrees if the camber is to far out for the factory bolt to compensate.

My 89's right rear seems to need some shims added to increase the positive camber as the inside of the tire is wearing more than the rest of the treads.

Replacing the struts on the 89.

Will have the wheels aligned and find out how much the right rear is off to put some corrective shims in.

Hawaii's roads are brutal for the struts and alignment.

The Rock Auto shims seem to work well. I did the same as you mentioned. I had an alignment done and then installed the shims to correct within factory limits. 1/2 deg on one side and 3/4 on the other IIRC. By the way, I had to buy two different brands due to availabilty of the correct angle, but they are exactly the same part, even though packaged differently. Buy the cheapest ones. Strange that the alignment shop says the rear isn't adjustable but the parts are readily available?

2 seater, I went to Baumgarts to get my alignment done. The guy noticed the passenger rear was way out of alignment. He ordered and charged me for the shims, but didn't charge me for another alignment and installation.

Pretty good guys those Baumgart boys!

Also they will install parts bought elsewhere, so if you need struts and strut mounts done, you can buy the parts thru Ronnies site and they will install them for you.