Looking for a Reatta of Fiero Convertible please.

franc944

Hi all.

I had a 90 reatta convertible with only 65,000 miles white red.

I sold it and should have kept it.

I have a 91 Chrysler tc vert now and am gonna sell it but I want a convertible reatta or fiero that needs some work that I can kick around on the cheap.

Keep an eye out for me folks please.

I'm in Connecticut.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 90 white with blue interior convert with about 120K miles for $3000. Runs and drives fine, tops good as well. Have a 90 blue/blue interior coupe with 79K on it for $2800 with a mint interior. And a 91 Polo green with about 70K on it for $3500.

In Boston, not too far away. trying to reduce my car accumulation-just sold 4 TCs last fall.

Guest Kingsley

Franco - It would be interesting to have any thoughts that you could share with us as far as your TC experience is concerned. Since they and the Reatta share the TEVES ABS does it appear that is an issue as frequently as it appears to show up on the Reatta. I stand to be corrected by I think the total TC units manufactured were in the 7,000 range.

Presume you bought it after seeling your Reatta so understand that you have not had a chance to log too many miles on it.

Kingsley

'89, '90 Coupes

Member AACA, BCA and Reatta Division

www.reattaspecialtyparts.com

Tom,

I am interested in the convertible.

Please send me photos at your earliest convenience

I have a 90 white with blue interior convert with about 120K miles for $3000. Runs and drives fine, tops good as well. Have a 90 blue/blue interior coupe with 79K on it for $2800 with a mint interior. And a 91 Polo green with about 70K on it for $3500.

In Boston, not too far away. trying to reduce my car accumulation-just sold 4 TCs last fall.

Edited by franc944 (see edit history)

Kingsley,

I owe you reatta headlight arm cores. I'll send them out soon.

I bought the 90 reatta convertible 65,000 miles last year from a desperate person as a winter project. Craigslist find. I only paid $1,500 and all I put into it were the alternator, cluster, hvac module headlight rebuild, converter, ATF and oil change, and some interior odds n ends and a good wet sand and buff. Besides my labor which it was my pleasure to work on that car I only spent $500 in parts. I was $2,000 into it and was gonna drive it this summer but I learned it could be worth $10,000 I tried to sell it just for the sport. I got $7,000 for it. They say you never go broke taking a profit.

The T C

California car 85,000 miles.

I paid $1,900 for, needed brakes axels, valve cover gaskets, tune up, thermostat, and a stereo and speakers. So I am into this one for less than $500 in parts too.

It's just not reatta smooth and I would be lucky to break out even the resale is so bad on them.

It's a minivan drivetrain in a poorly built Italian car.

After I personally did all 4 pads n rotors pedal was real spongy so I sought the help of a pro. I thought it needed an accumulator but my local mechanic said it just took a long time to bleed the rears with their machine and the brakes work great! $60 total bill for bleed n fluid.

No issues. I might look for an Allante project next to try out all three rare grand touring roadsters of the day.

Both tc and reatta are refreshingly simple to troubleshoot and fix.

My cruise night car has been a 1988 mustang gt with ultra rare t-top option. Only 500 cars produced with t-tops in 1988

I'm also on the Daily driver hunt for a 2011 ford crown victoria. Last year produced.

What do you guys think of the 94 cutlass supreme convertible?

There is one that needs a little restoration that can be had very cheap, under $1,000.

Another possible next project is a 1989 Pontiac gta white tan leather interior I was thinking of making a pace car replica out of.

Franco - It would be interesting to have any thoughts that you could share with us as far as your TC experience is concerned. Since they and the Reatta share the TEVES ABS does it appear that is an issue as frequently as it appears to show up on the Reatta. I stand to be corrected Oby I think the total TC units manufactured were in the 7,000 range.

Presume you bought it after seeling your Reatta so understand that you have not had a chance to log too many miles on it.

Kingsley

'89, '90 Coupes

Member AACA, BCA and Reatta Division

www.reattaspecialtyparts.com

Edited by franc944 (see edit history)