Proud New Owner 63 Riviera

Guest Danny27

Guest Danny27

Hello All,

I have recently purchased one of my dream cars (63 Riv) and I am excited to start over hauling this car and getting back into shape. I am going the Hot Rod style for this car. I am new to all of this and would appreciate any advise and help I receive. The body if the car is in great shape, and I have done some work on the engine to get it in driving condition. The interior needs some work, but that is not stopping me from cruising. The next project on this car will be wheels. I am interested in the KMC NOVA chrome rims(20s). I am trying to do some research but only coming up with the offset and lug patterns for 64' and later. Does anyone know if these rims will fit or can you provide the lug pattern and offset for this car. I also am not sure if I would need spacers or anything. I will eventually convert the drum brakes to discs brakes and i will have air ride suspension. Not sure if this will affect anything later on. Sorry for the length of this post and again I appreciate all feedback.

Welcome to the world of Rivieras. Your '63 has the same chassis as a '64. Wheels that will fit a '64 will fit a '63. In '65 the diameter of the hub was made smaller. If you're wanting to replace the original upholstery with something stock, Calvin Clark at Clark's Corvair makes some excellent reproduction covers. About the only other thing I can tell you as a general answer is that there are very, very few reproduction parts made for these cars. You're going to have to learn to be a fabricator and a scrounger.

Ask specific questions and someone will more than likely answer them. As far as wheel fitment goes, the bolt circle is 5 on 5. You also need to be aware of the rivets that hold the front drums to the hub. The best advice I got and can pass along is to find a store that will let you mount tires and wheels to see what clearances you have. Backspacing is dependent on wheel width and offset so asking what backspacing you need is totally dependent on the wheel your looking at.

My last piece of advice is to join the ROA. Best restoration bucks you can spend.

www.rivowners.org

Ed

Guest Danny27

Ed and Bob, thank you for the warm welcome and thanks for the help. It is really appreciated. Signing up to ROA is my next step.

Danny, welcome. Guys here like more info and pictures. We love pictures. Where are you from. Somethimes the answer you get will vary based on where you live.

Lots of factors to consider on these cars with big wheels and bags. But can be done. Do a search in this forum, as both have been discussed here. If you can't find these, ask and we will hunt them up for you or answer again. Again, welcome.