Windshield - right or wrong

R.White

The windshield/ screen on my '26 Touring has big gaps in the lower corners where it meets the scuttle. If you compare it with the very original '25 touring which Pete has recently acquired, you can see that mine has rounded corners which I don't think look right.

Could it be an older Dodge screen? I could fit a different rubber surround with a flange, but I am not sure that will completely seal the corners.

My question is: Did the '26 model have this type of windshield/screen or is it wrong?

Ray

post-78869-143138932859_thumb.jpg

post-78869-143138932895_thumb.jpg

Saw your question and thought I'd throw in these photo's of my '25 Dodge windshield/ to cowl fit to show that little gap you were talking about. Maybe it's just the rubber that makes it look different, I don't know... but I don't think there was a difference between the two years. I do know I wish I had nice wind-wings like the pair on your Dodge.--Someday---

Thanks Pete, no doubt in my mind that the two are different. Yours seems to follow the shape of the scuttle, where mine curves round away from it - in a way that I have seen on older cars (but I can't think which) . I expect I will be able to fill in the corners somehow. In fact, Mike C has put me onto a useful company for the rubber seals which will go a long way to sorting the problem.

If you are wondering what all those switches are for on the dash, then so am I. The only one that does anything as far as I can see is the dash lamp. The steering wheel boss also looks odd - the horn works o.k. but the boss thing looks sort of looks wrong.

Another thing that your photos have helped me with is the way the top to windshield finishes; on my car there is a big gap which needs filling in.

By the way, I am on the trail of a white faced ammeter! Hopefully I shall be able to hunt it down.

Ray.

Hi Ray, I know I have a thread out there talking about the same thing on the lower windshield. The one that came with my car looked just like yours int he corners and the consensus was that it wasn't right. In my case it didn't matter since it was so badly rusted I had to replace it anyway. I don't see a picture of your dash/horn button.

If you think that looks funny, what do you think all of the swtches on the dash are for? Laugh? ?... I could cry!

I assumed one of them was for nitrous, the other was for the blower a third for the two speed rear end and the fourth was just to confuse you :eek:

Wrong direction Bill :P

I had to try! :rolleyes:

Actually I was laughing so hard from the previous posts as you gents were kicking Ray about the switches I thought I would join in and kick him too! :D

All in fun Ray! At least you have switches, my dash has empty holes except for a smashed ammeter.....:(

I wouldn't mind if the wiper motor worked! But with great gaps all round the screen and right across the middle too, if I took it out in the rain not only would I get soaked but I 'd probably end up in the b...ditch !:eek:

Ray.