1923 mod.34 compared to mod.39.

Leif Holmberg

Can anyone tell what`s different between those models.I have a Book of Parts 1923 4 cyl.Series but model 39 are not mentioned at all.

Here are a picture of an extra equipped model 39.Compared with a model 34 there are a lot of "different parts",but what is original and what is options.

Thank for your help,the picture belong to AHK-Sweden and I`m trying to help our webmaster with identifying.(the driver Per Näs was a seller of GM cars in Sweden at that time.)

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143138923533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)

According to Seventy Years of Buick "...Buick's lightest and lowest priced car was the 4-cylinder Roadster. Designated the Model 23-34, it weighed 2,415 pounds, and cost $865. Buick built 5,768 for domestic sales, but only eight on special order for export. Later in the year, the Model 23-39 Sport Roadster was introduced. This car, which had a production run of 1,971 weighed 2,445 pounds and cost $1,025. It was finished in maroon with red wheels, and buyers had a choice of wood spoke, wire, or disc wheels."

Neither Seventy Years of Buick nor The Complete Catalog of Buick list any other information concerning standard and optional equipment.

Yes I have read that too in my Seventy Years Book as well,but when looking at this model 39 it has Nickled Radiator,"Sun panel",Aluminium molding between the cowl and the hood,Disc wheel ,nickled "hood lock",Bumper in front,Spare wheel cover,Arm rest cover on doors,Wind Wings.All those parts make me confused.

Nothing of those parts are on model 34.

Leif in Sweden.

Leif,

I think the 39 was a lower cost version of the Model 54 Sport Roadster and has very similar equipment. Nickle radiator shell, windshield, hood locks, wind wings, probably shift lever, brake handle, also a walnut steering wheel. I think I have a wheel for a 39.

As for the parts book, this model was probably introduced later in year so it did not

get into the parts book.

JB

22-6-55 Sport Touring

Thanks Jim and JB,but my wish was that someone with a model 39 should be seated in front of the computer and tell us the thru.I`m qute sure there are more people that are interrested to know the differens between those models,or maybe even the next genaration of "restoration" people.

Leif in Sweden.