O2 sensor replacement..

ptt

While doing an oil/filter change this weekend I was poking around up top and noticed that the O2 sensor was broken completely off at the 7/8ths fitting. The single wire was just dangling down behind the engine. SERVICE ENGINE light has been on since i got the car (my bad for not tracking that down sooner). Codes retrieved are:

E041C

B552H

?025H

?026H

?033H

?061H

The "?" is my designation and means theres some of the illumination for that letter not working I guess. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the codes remained. Ideas? Thanks.

Guest Mc_Reatta
While doing an oil/filter change this weekend I was poking around up top and noticed that the O2 sensor was broken completely off at the 7/8ths fitting. The single wire was just dangling down behind the engine. SERVICE ENGINE light has been on since i got the car (my bad for not tracking that down sooner). Codes retrieved are:

E041C

B552H

?025H

?026H

?033H

?061H

The "?" is my designation and means theres some of the illumination for that letter not working I guess. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the codes remained. Ideas? Thanks.

Any code with a "0" as the second digit has to be an "E" code.

Funny that the code that would have indicated an open 02 sensor circuit (E013) wasn't on your list.

Don't know why disconnecting the battery didn't clear all codes.

Yeah....thats odd. Other than the SEL lit up the only clue was a slight stumble when taking off from a stop. Mileage has been mid-low 20s. Havent really driven the car alot with the nice weather and a reatta convertible for a garage mate. Ill be giving it a closer look and post a follow-up of my findings. Thanks!

Guest Mc_Reatta

I'm thinking in the absence of a signal from the 02 sensor the ECM won't enter closed loop mode so the car will still run reasonably well.

All the codes are history except the code 41 which is the missing cam sensor magnet. Don't know why you don't get 13 unless as McReatta says, you havn't gotten it hot enough to go closed loop.

Also don't know why the history codes didn't disappear when you disconnected to battery.

Guest Mc_Reatta
Is there a list of codes available on the forum somewhere?

Don't think so, but they are on Ronnie's site and the online FSMs.

I'll try to attach a cheat sheet I made up because I can't remember what all the codes I pull up in the car mean, and I remember less of data codes I'd like to pull up are either. Got tired of having to write things down and walk inside to open the FSM or go online to look them up.

File won't attach. Anyone know how to upload a doc file or pdf larger than the size allowed as an attachment?

E041C....cam sensor magnet missing??? ....and the car runs remarkably well actually. Oh, it did die once after backing out of a parking spot but started right up. Now Im paranoid to even drive it:eek:!!! Whats involved with fixing the missing cam magnet?:( Thanks to all responses!

E041C....cam sensor magnet missing??? ....and the car runs remarkably well actually. Oh, it did die once after backing out of a parking spot but started right up. Now Im paranoid to even drive it:eek:!!! Whats involved with fixing the missing cam magnet?:( Thanks to all responses!
Here are Padgett's excellent instructions for doing it:

Simple 3800 Cam Magnet Replacement*-*ReattaOwner.com