39 Buick Special Window/Door/Wing Handles

Guest terryky

Guest terryky

I am looking for interior door, wing and window handles for a 1939 Buick Special Street Rod. It has some cheap after market ones oni it when i purchased the car. They did not fit properly and someone had tried to make work.

Since its a street rod, the exact replacements are not necessary. Just something that looks decent and works. I need all, so its 2 each, door, wing , and window.

Anyone know were to purchase? Anyone know other makes, models, years that would work, i might get a a junk yard?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks Loads.

terry

Guest Grant Magrath

I believe GM used pretty much the same splined shaft on all cars right up to the 70's, if my Corvette's anything to go by Terry.

Cheers

Grant

Grant.......... I was thinking the same.......GM used the same spline forever.

Since it is a street rod, you have many choices........up to about... 59 when GM stopped putting cranks on the vent window.

I've looked for a long time, trying to get a handle with burgundy plastic inserts. In the process I have been sold handles that are not what I want, but are Buick. I'll look and let you know what I've got.

Frank

Frank, I found a source for reproduction knobs amongst the AACA members that you really need to check out if you cannot locate knobs for your car. His business is named Knobsoup, and his name is Keith Lee. I had an excellent experience and can heartily recommend his work, he is an artist. You can contact Keith at <knobsoup@gmail.com> for a brochure.

I had a reproduction window winder from Bob's with a chrome knob that I sent to Keith along with a good winder so he could make a mold and match the color, and he reproduced the knob and installed it on the winder. He also made knobs for my radio, headlight switch and heater doors.

John V.