Power steering pressure switch (90 Regal)

wws944

Does anyone know the difference between the AC Delco 212-493 switch and the AC Delco 212-565 switch? Photos of the two look identical. I suspect they are the same part. Funny thing is that for my Reatta, both part numbers are ok. Also for Airtex-Wells, the same part number is used for both cars - 1S6580. Same for Standard - PSS5.

Due to some panic on my part while ordering from Amazon (each has different cars listed for it), I now have one of each. I installed the 212-565 switch over the weekend. Fits fine and my power steering still works. But I don't want to open the sealed box on the 212-493 so that I can return it.

Am hoping the new switch fixes my 'loss of assist at idle' problem. (The P/S pump is fairly new, replaced because of leaks. So I knew that wasn't the problem.) When I removed the old PSP switch, it had a big crack on the side of its housing. So hopefully the problem is now solved.

There might be different color codes on those switches, to differentiate betwee them.

That is what I was wondering, but did not see anything like that. The 212-565 that I used also had GM part #10238816 stamped on it. There was no visible part number on the part that I removed.