leaking rear shock on 84 Riviera Convertible

Booreatta

I have a leaking rear shock on the left side on the air shock. What is the best source for parts.

I think I finally got the valve covers to seal so the leak is stopped there. now for the rear shock and then the power steering hose.

Need new tires the date code is 1990 and all of the belts and hoses are what came on the car so it is going to be a process this summer. It has the Olds 307 if that makes a difference

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Guest wildcat465

Monroe part number MA791.

I have replaced a few now, I do not recommend getting NOS, the seals on those are all dried up now.

1990 tires are kinda scary.

I replaced the factory shocks on my '84 with Monroe's air shocks that are designed for this application. You have to install a T in the OE line then run new lines to each shock. It works fine with the OE compressor and other related parts.

Ed

Guest pfloro

When the ECM switches into 'closed loop' mode, the A.I.R. system feeds air between the beds of the catalytic converter via this line. All three emissions are reduced (CO, HC, NOX). If your car is subject to emissions inspection, the levels may be too high without this line to pass. In addition, exhaust gases are exiting from the cat at the break point.

FYI: On your Olds 307 V8, 'Closed Loop' implies a warmed up engine with the ECM controlling the air/fuel mixture & spark advance via the O2 and other system sensors. 'Open Loop' implies a cold engine with the ECM using fixed fuel mixture & spark settings. The A.I.R. system feeds air to the exhaust ports to continue combustion & help heat the O2 sensor and the catalytic converter. The sooner the system switches into closed loop, the sooner emissions are better controlled. This was a big concern (as was meeting C.A.F.E. requirements) back in the 80s...

Hope this information helps...

Paul