1934 Packard value

Earl B.

I realize I'll get answers from a to z, but, all comments will be appreciated. A friend is looking at a 1934 Packard 1100 or 1101. It will be a week or so before he can go and see which it is for sure. The car was restored several years ago, but he says it's not numnber 1, but certainly 2+ condition. I've seen pictures, which I'm not allowed to post here by his request, and it certainly looks like a very, very good car. So, the big question is...what's it worth? Thanks to all, B

alsacle, my apologies to you and everyone else. I tried so hard to be sure everything was there and clear, then forgot the most important thing... Oh well, we're all only human...

It is a four door sedan with dual side mounts and wire wheels. It is a touring sedan, not a club sedan. many thanks, B

Edited by Earl B.
more information (see edit history)

Actually, when no body style is mentioned, I always assume 4 door sedan :). There is a price difference between club & open rear quarter sedans. The clubs definitely bring more money. Without pictures and not knowing club or not I'll say somewhere around 30k up or down depending on condition and colors.

The problem is that one person's idea of Class 2/2+ condition is USUALLY different than another person's idea. Class 2 condition means that IT WILL win awards at any show (perhaps not First, though). Many of the cars at Pebble Beach are Class 2 cars, as it is hard to tel the difference between the two condition ratings.

That being said, a true class #2 1100 Packard (only available in a sedan) is probably at high retail when it hits the $40,000 mark. And, of course, in order to achieve that condition, probably $80,000 was spent to restore it. One plus on the car is that it has the optional sidemounts. If it didn't have sidemounts, it makes for a crummy tour car, as there is no place to put suitcases except in the back seat (or running board).

West,

Was there not a 1100 with a factory Club body? What do you think the price differential is on a club vs std sedan? I agree with your comments on condition - also bad colors can kill value even with an excellent restoration. On the lesser valued cars there is no room for a 15k repaint.

• 2 weeks later...