Enclosed trailer

jvsb

I am very excited since I have recently purchased a 37 V-12 one off club sedan. It has a longer wheelbase (144) than the other clubs. It is my first classic. Now the realistic concerns start. I want to trailer it to events (tours, packard regional events etc). I plan to drive it a lot but I am in a rural area and most of these events will be 200+ miles away.

It will be delivered in a few months.

Now the question. I want an enclosed trailer. The car weighs about 6200lbs but I have a good truck that can easily pull well over 12000 so the towing weight shouldn't be an issue. I think I need a 22-24 foot trailer.

I don't want to spend all my kids inheritance!

Suggestions please. Brand. New or used. Should I get a winch?

Thanks in advance

Guest superods

I just bought a new 24 foot featherlite....18k. 10k gvw......16"wheels.....you go 20' and you are tight. You buy a heavy trailer then buy shell oil stock. There is another all aluminum for 9k called an ATC. I used it and was just fine....just not near the construction of the featherlite.

Go to a book store and get a copy or 2 of National Dragster. There's used trailers in the back that racers have romanced moore than their wives for good to super low prices. Times are hard and many folks can use the money. SOmetimes they show up here too:

Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale

www.yellowbullet.com

These are race forums with classifieds in their menus and sign up is most always free if there's no ph# . I too drag a Featherlite 5th wheel. The deck is 24.6' and another 8' over the box. I had a 144" Packard in there, and leaving 4' ahead of the front bumper I had only 6" or less between the back door and rear bumper (!!).