Indiana tornado

Barney Eaton

Wow, did not know he was in Maryville IN. I do hope all is ok, I know we had some very bad damage downstate from me here in MO, and in southern IL as well. Barney, please pass along any updates as I imagine internet access is sketchy there at the moment.

KDirk

Guest Kingsley

The Forum just recently had a post from a participant who listed Huntsville, AL as his residence. They also had big weather problems and I have sent him a PM hoping that all went well. Will let you know if I learn anything further.

I don't recall an area being destroyed as bad as that, at least in recent memory.

I am thankful that so many offers of help were received, and late news last evening said they blocked of the I-65 exchange leading into the area as they had all the help they could handle, or needed.

At least two towns appear to have be totally destroyed.

Bless all involved,

Dale in Indy

Just saw the videos of Marysville In and there is not a single building that still stands. Very Very sad. Just cant imagine where those people who live there are now.

Now is see some damage from NC. Anybody hearing from any of our members from Indiana, Ky, NC and any other areas please post so we know our friends are all ok

There are 12 states that have been affected.

Chuck Kerls

Edited by Booreatta (see edit history)

I may have his physical address somewhere, I sent him several Reatta videos so he could make the DVD's he was selling.

With a physical address, we could probably look at Google earth and view the area.

Google story says Marysville is GONE, but pictures do show some buildings without major damage.

I heard on the radio that one reporter saw a 2" tree limb, POKED THROUGH THE SIDE OF AN ENGINE BLOCK, not a junker block laying on the ground, but one in a car that before was a driver. I have heard of straw through a board, but never seen with my own eyes.

I don't know if satellite pictures are live, or just photo's taken at an earlier date?

Dale in Indy

Dale,

Satellite photos like Google earth are not real time. These shots are taken periodically and depending on the area and it's associated rate of change, can be up to 5 years old by my understanding. I'm not aware of anyplace outside the DOD [or "intelligence" agencies] that one can access live images of this sort.

I guess my point is that looking at commercial internet services that offer bird's eye views will not present what things look like on the ground right this instant, so could be misleading that intact buildings are shown.

KDirk

The Forum just recently had a post from a participant who listed Huntsville, AL as his residence. They also had big weather problems and I have sent him a PM hoping that all went well. Will let you know if I learn anything further.

I am from Huntsville, but didn't get a PM. Everything was about 5-10 miles north of me in the morning, and 25 miles south in the afternoon. Surrounded!

I helped with tornado cleanup after the April 2011 tornados in North Alabama. These last tornados took almost the exact path as the April 2011 ones. The area I helped in had just finished their rebuild when they were just hit again.