Museums and Autorama OT

hotrod1940

I did my fourth bucket tour last weekend and went to Detroit for the Autorama, and also went to 6 Auto Museums up in that area.

Autorama

Henry Ford Museum

Automotive Hall of Fame

Chrysler museum

Auburn Cord Deusenberg Museum

National Auto and Truck Museum

Kruse Museum

I have posted pictures on my website listed below in my signature..

also hotrodsonline.com on facebook

Bob Millard of the Autorama got me in at 7:00 am on Saturday before the crowds and I walked around like a big wheel. Robert Larivee, the originator of the Autorama was also walking around at 7:00 am. Both he and I were there for the first one. This was the 60th.

Bob Nugent

Edited by hotrod1940 (see edit history)

Hey Bob, just wanted to say thanks for the posting, great pictures and what a great trip to be able to take!

I knew the Henry Ford Museum was having a major re-do and this is the first time I have seen the new look. I see a lot of the old favorites like the Diner and Texaco station were held over though. I love the tanker truck and having the station garage in use looks great. Thanks again, Todd C

Another thing that was neat in the museum is the Dymaxion house by Buckminster Fuller. He was the guy behind the Geodesic Dome and he was way ahead of his time with his designs. His Dymaxion car was a hoot with the single rear wheel that allowed him to turn the car in it's own length.

So you were there for the first....and there for the 60th......THAT'S awesome!!!! It's on my list just to make it there. PERIOD:) Thanks for sharing all the pictures but gotta admit I kinda got stuck on one in particular. I bet this baby drew a crowd around it. :cool::D

post-31987-143138867403_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138867405_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another Detroit stop last year was the GM Heritage center and I was able to see the Y job and the Lesabre. They also had a beautiful example of a 1953 Buick Skylark. Great tour if you can find a group going, as they aren't open to the public.Usually they have a group open during the Autorama.