BIG thanks to Jason Zerbini

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

All of us here receiving the ROA magazine should offer a big thank you to JZ for his contributions to our hobby. Specifically, JZs articles spotlighting the restoration of his rare 1966 Riviera GS are spot on and make for great reading. They are the best articles i've read in the magazine and bring a lot of insight to all of us whether we have a 66, a 65 or a 79.

Thanks Jason and good luck with the Riviera...you're doing it the right way!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Its really a team effort as I continue to call on ROA members and some of the folks over at V8Buick for assistance with the project.

Once an article is drafted, I'll tweak it many times over a 3-4 week period spending anywhere from 6-10 hours on it total so Ray doesn't have too much editing to do.

As I emphasized early on in the series, I try to be careful to not give readers the impression that my methods are the best or the only way. I just try to communicate my experiences and folks can make up their own mind.

I also have to force myself to limit technical explanations in the articles understanding what the average demographic is in the ROA. I try to make the articles interesting to members with no technical ability or interest in a body-off as well as the highly skilled ones. I get my car savvy wife as well as my 75 y/o parents to read the articles and tell me if something doesn't make sense to them.

I whole heartedly agree with what everone has said so far. One other thing that I think Jason brings to his articles is a true picture of what the true costs are in doing a frame off restoration. So many times, you'll buy a car and not realize that to get it right you'd better plan on spending 3X what you originally planned and spending 5X on the time it will take to complete it. New tools and work you thought you could do but have to farm out to professionals is something that a lot of us never consider.

Ed