1957 Westinghouse headlights

Guest tommygfunk

Guest tommygfunk

Does anyone know where I can find a NOS set. I’m looking for two headlights for a 57 mercury commuter. These are the two Westinghouse light system with the single light on each side. The HI/LO mine just bit the dust and I really want to keep it close to original. I thought the switch went bad, but there is condensation in the bulbs and I think that killed them. The kool thing is that I found a working NOS clock and it should be here soon.

<O:p</O:p

Tom<O:p</O:p

tommy, nobody will ever notice your head lites except maybe concourse judges. i have bullseye headlites and they have never been noticed by anyone, yet people will pay very high prices for them. put any lites in to drive it and keep looking for the ones you want. i know it matters to you, but you will find the right ones one day when not even looking for them. i also looked and finally found wire wheels for my car and they never get looked at either. it would be an interesting survey to find out what people really look at when they admire our cars. skyler

Guest Skyking
tommy, nobody will ever notice your head lites except maybe concourse judges. i have bullseye headlites and they have never been noticed by anyone, yet people will pay very high prices for them. put any lites in to drive it and keep looking for the ones you want. i know it matters to you, but you will find the right ones one day when not even looking for them. i also looked and finally found wire wheels for my car and they never get looked at either. it would be an interesting survey to find out what people really look at when they admire our cars. skyler

Skyler, are your bulbs GE with the bulls eye?? If so, would you sell them?

Edited by Skyking
spelling (see edit history)

I just got back from the garage and have more old NOS headlight bulbs then I thought,I thought I threw them out years ago but they were still in the attic. I have three bulbs for the two light systems,one is a Westinghouse from the 80s and another is a GE from about the same time and a Atlas from the 60s or older. I also have 4 for the 4 light systems,three Westinghouse high beams from the 60s or 70s and a house brand (60s) low beam. If anyone is interested in them let me know.

Guest tommygfunk

Ok I got a few questions. Is the Westinghouse the correct ones for my 57? One day she might be a show car, but I feel that is many moons from now. I’ve seen the light conversions are they any good? These say Westinghouse on them and I guess I’d like to keep it like that. The car only has 5276 on it now. [i took it a show last year lol]

Thomas, I would research this further before you spend big bucks for something wrong. In AACA it won't matter as long as they match and are not haligens. Other clubs are much more specific in their requirements. Westinghouse was generally a replacement brand. I know in the '60's Ford products all used a Ford script headlight bulb. I don't know about '57, but there should be some Ford specialty sites that can provide you the answer.

Guest tommygfunk

Dave I would appreciate any help on this. The merc was a wheeling steel ambulance and the second owner pilfered some parts for his ford and I’m trying to get her back to as close to original as I possibly can. Funny thing was I got the NOS clock today and at least the guy put the screws in the glove box. I just need a light feed wire and the power wire from the dash harness to the clock. I can make these, but something in me says to try to find them first. Anal-retentive I guess.

Dennis Carpenter has them listed for $7.00 each (B6A-13007). Download his catalog for '57-'59 Ford and you may find many other things you need. Call and talk to them and see if this is the correct headlight. Check other Ford and Thunderbird vendors as well.

Dennis Carpenter Ford Car, F-100 Pickup Truck, 8N, 9N Tractor and Cushman Scooter Restoration Parts