Can you identify this frame?

Guest rdarby

My wife's mother died last November and I got the job of cleaning out the loft of a 135 year old carriage house turned garage. The last thing I found under 6 feet of "treasures" was this frame. I saw no numbers on it. Since the garage is older than cars, electricity and indoor plumbing, I can't even suggest a date range. Please check the attached pictures and see if this looks familiar.

It's 6 1/2 feet long and about 32 inches wide. Two squared C shaped channels connected to a yoke I assume goes over a differential. There are 4 tabs with holes in them for the body to be bolted on, and there's a semicircle of metal with teeth inside that I'm guessing is part of the emergency brake.

Thanks for your help!

post-83465-143138856794_thumb.jpg

post-83465-143138856809_thumb.jpg

Model T Ford, could be any year from 1913-1925. The front part (which would have included the front crossmember) is missing. It's probably too rough for a restoration although some of the brackets might be salvageable.

You're right, the four little brackets are indeed body mounts and the semicircle is for the parking brake.

That was fast! Thanks! Yes, this looks rough in this picture - the frame was full of concrete - especially the yoke - when I took these shots. I got most of the concrete to crumble out with some percussive persuasion. I have to take some better pictures but don't have it unloaded from the trailer yet.

There's some surface rust, but it doesn't seem structurally compromised yet. (I'm not a car restorer, so have no idea what's usable here.)

Back portion of a Model T Ford frame. Mid teens to 1925 is my guess. It is upside down.

Thanks! We have an old family member's diary from 1905 to 1929 - maybe my wife's relative made a mention of someone putting that car frame into the loft. We'll have to keep an eye out for that when we get time to read it.

Yes, I know the frame is upside down. I have some right side up pictures, but had trouble loading into this forum (the upload window says 4.77 mb.... but my 4 mb pics wouldn't load) so I wrote the admin and found I had to shrink to less than 2 mb. I could have picked better shots, but at that point I was glad to get anything loaded!

It's also full of concrete in these pictures. A little percussive persuasion crumbled most of the concrete out.

If you have too large pictures you can put them on a photo hosting site, like Photobucket or Flickr. From there you copy and paste and it resizes itself to fit the forums.

I opened them in windows explorer, right clicked, hit edit which opened the pictures in Paint and then just changed the size and resaved. The administrator who responded to me is checking why the upload window says the forum will take 4.77 mb .jpg files but it won't.