Dodge Brothers Club

60ch

Does anyone use the new DBC site? I had to set up a new account w/ new name and password after setting up w/ webmaster. I tried to use my new name / password and I was denied access. ..another email to webmaster went unanswered.....it seems like all the DBers are using this AACA forum vs. the new site. Just wondering what's up w/ the new site.

Bob I have not used it yet and I for one hope that everyone continues to use this forum, I see no reason that anyone should have to join a club just to get answers or interact with other people concerning a particular make of car. There are alot of good people here that have alot of the answers and it would be a shame to see them go away to the other site.

Im all for joining the club. There is certaintely enough other benefits, just dont feel its neccesary to pressure people into it if they are not ready yet.

Maybe someone dosent own a Dodge but still enjoys learning about them and maybe one day plans to buy and restore one, is that guy going to join the club now, I wouldnt, just one scenario of many

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Thanks Jason. I just wondered if there was a lot of activity on the site and if others had problems getting on the site as I did....I did see a post about a '29 DA and tried to get on....anyway, this is the site I've always used and will continue to use...just didn't want to miss anything.

Stay tuned Bob and you wont miss a thing, sorry if I sounded negative on my last post concerning the new site, I meant what I said but just want to be clear that it should not be taken as a bad reflection on the Dodge club or any club.

Without clubs how would we all know each other exists?

Hi Jason,

you might be able to help me with a rather urgent problem I have. I posted a question just a few hours ago and I figured that you would know the answer. My recently rebuilt Delco starter motor seems to lack the expected torque when tested on 6 volts (just over 13 to 1 ft/lb - I believe it should be 14 ) I have been told that the 6 volt starter had a shorter commutator than the 12 volt. and that as there are no markings on the case, this is how they can be identified. Is this true?

thanks,

Ray.

Guest Backyardmechanic

For some of us that is not inform correctry about the DBC web site:

There's two(2) Discussion forms on the DBC site.

1- Is called DBC Discussion This form any one can post Non- Members/Members.

2-Members Only This form could be use to discuss isues that would only be of interest to the general mumbership.

So one can see that it is not necessary to join to post in the non-members form.

Here's something to think about,One reason there's a new web master is that the DBC form has to be kept up dated and actived to prove that the club is trying to educate the public in THe Dodge Brothers cars or risk the lost of the non-profit thing.If this happen well.........

Vern

Ray,

I am unaware of the comm length difference. A lot of the old 6 and 12 volt armatures have been superceded together, so if it did apply at one time it might not apply anymore these days. The armature really doesn't play a significant role in the voltage difference. The field coils however are very different. An experianced rebuilder would be able to tell the difference in the field coils by looking at the guage of wire used. The 6 volt coils uses a heavier guage winding versus the 12 volt. I would say there is a good chance that you have a 12 volt starter if you are experiancing a loss of torque after a rebuild. It's really hard to say for sure though. If you felt up to it, send me some pictures of the starter, internal if possible and I might be able to help a little more. Feel free to email me direct with these pictures.