1962 Imperial Crown project

101_1069.jpg

101_1065.jpg101_1071.jpg

101_1075.jpg

101_1063.jpg

more pics

1962 Imperial Crown pictures by txcars4sale - Photobucket

1962 Imperial Crown 4 door hardtop 413 Wedgehead V8 340 HP with Push Button Torque Flite 727 Automatic Transmission, 2 owners, original miles, 1 of 6911, the tail lights and grill were one year only and also tribute to the earlier '55 and '56 model years, $1800 obo will consider trades

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
$800

I am sorry this car has not sold. The market is slim to none for non standard cool old car projects. This one is very solid. $800 is just over crusher price and thousands of these sort of cars are getting crushed. Daily.

For sure, early 60's Exner cars are not at the top of most wish lists but one shouldn't necessarily buy an old car for extant beauty alone. I can say these look much better with fresh shiny paint. (See the last AACA magazine with the 60 Imperials) It's completeness is the key here along with very low rust and straight metal. Somebody please step up and get this one.

Also, you might want to place an ad on the Imperial On Line Club website. A lot of Imperial lovers like me visit there weekly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

$700!!! Will start removing a few parts this weekend and then it gets scrapped! Tail lights are gone. I haven't ran the codes yet, but I'm thinking it's originally the pinkish Silver Lilac with matching interior. A/C unit is in the trunk and I also found a set of front floor mats for it.

• 2 years later...