Help! Need relay!

shelbyone

Guest My TC Toy

Code 12 signifies the battery has been disconnected, also indicates there have been no key-ons since battery has been disconnected. Code 24 indicates throttle position sensor circuit is below acceptable voltage. I do not see how any of the codes indicate any brake or tranny failure.

Hi there. I need a transaxle relay for my 89 tc

Brakes failed. Brake light comes on

Code says 12 and 24. Where can I get a relay? Or maybe its something else?!

Would you tell us what indications you get from your brakes other than the light. And, just which light, brake or anti-lock?

Its the anti lock light thats steady on and if you press the brake pedal its almost not moving towards the floor. The brakes were serviced 7 moths ago with bleeding. Everything was fine. The car was jumped and the battery externally charged while in the car. I was not present when this happened.

Also. I had to change a 30 amp fuse that was positioned inside the engine compartment(right fender front). It was not only blown but melted. Did not change the issue. Car starts, drives. Everything seems to work except fir the brakes

YOU LIKELY NEED ONLY TO CORRECT THE (woops) terminals that the fuse goes into.

Cut the 2 wires out of the plastic box and install a store bought fuse holder that has leads attached. Just let it hang outside the box or fasten it to something nearby.

You may have burned the wire ends that go to and from the fuse. See if you have power before the fuse and again after the fuse. It is a common problem on the TC at the brake relay/fuse box, the one on the passenger side that has the 3 in it and a black cover that is missing on a lot of TC's. If the wire ends are bad then the fuse won't blow because it is either not getting power or not sending power anywhere.

David in Riverside, CA with no TC at this time.

exchanged an bypassed everything from the fuse/relay box..there is power reaching the master brake cylinder...but it still does not work..I already posted above that I am looking for either a way to replace this unit or convert it to a non abs system...

I need help fast, its my only car.. thats why I need your help again...if you know someone who has a unit or let me know how to exchange it with a non abs system ( lebaron brake cylinder at autozone is brandnew and around 250)...maybe better than a 20 year old unit...please let me know! thanks guys