Ignition / Light Switch 27/28 DB Four Screen

juanatejeda

Hello all!

Anyone out there, maybe, have a good, workable Ignition / Light Switch sitting around not doing anything?

I may be in need of one for my Paddy Wagon. We are going through it right now and it doesn't look good. Hoping we can rebuild it, but we are not sure it is rebuildable.

If you have one or know where I can get one, PLEASE let me know ASAP. If you have one, let me know what you want for it and what the avialability is.

Juan

juantejeda@yahoo.com

post-36483-143138821701_thumb.jpg

Juan... my "North East parts price book" dated 9/26 shows your switch.The 6v model is part #18456 with lighting positions:OFF DIM ON. DB special models used # 18457---PARK OFF DIM ON. They are said to be the same as 12v units except they are "Resistance Units".

Interesting......now I have to check mine which is a 6v system but my switch is neither of the above but rather what looks like an '18-'25 unit which is listed as 12v.Maybe resistance has been added?

Anyway if you have an original key it should say CLUM on it with a #,and if its original to your truck it would have DB and a #....i.e. mine is DB90

Sounds like you have a good source. I am pretty sure that mine is the 6v part #18456 as mine does not show a PARK position and yes I do have the old key, but to tell you the truth I have never looked at it close enough to see if there is anything printed on it. It is a small, funny looking key, so I guess I'll check it.

Can you send me the Web page for North East Parts, I would love to see their price book. In the mean time I'll see if I can find them.

quote...........Can you send me the Web page for North East Parts, I would love to see their price book. In the mean time I'll see if I can find them..............While you at it please send that info to me as well, I need to order me a new coil :D

Sorry Juan, I just could not resist :)

quote...........Can you send me the Web page for North East Parts, I would love to see their price book. In the mean time I'll see if I can find them..............While you at it please send that info to me as well, I need to order me a new coil :D

Sorry Juan, I just could not resist :)

No problem, I just got done working on the wagon and we were able to get the original re-built and it seems to be working fine. Would still like to have that web page, though.

Juan....guess you missed Jason's joke? Northeast Electric has bee gone for like a million years. What I have is a copy of their price book printed in Sept. 1926. I bought it on ebay awhile back...has pictures of the parts,part #'s,6v or 12v and forthe most part what years each applies to.If you use ebay I'll see if I can find the sellers Id in case you want to buy one. I try to pick up everything I can (manuals etc.) which apply to my vehicles.

Well he got me alright! As for the switch, I think we got ours working. We finished rebuilding it and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all of you for your help and input.

By the way, I did find a Northeast Company and they do deal in parts, but not the switch, at least as far as I could find........LOL

Juan,was it difficult to take apart...springs and things flying out and stuff? When apart does the key tumbler and switch handle come out easily? I ask as mine works fine but I would like to have the handle replated but not at the expense of screwing up the working switch.

It was n't too bad, just have to go at it slow and be careful. Probably should have taken some pics, but we didn't. Just take your time and it will work out. This was the first time and we were a little worried about screwing it up, but it seems to be working fine, at least for now,