Enquiring about the ROA

Guest 1963 Riviera

Guest 1963 Riviera

Hello All,

Having just bought my first Rivi, I guess the next wise thing to do is join the ROA

I Have a question or 2 about membership and would appreciate any help.

I see we have a ROA here in Australia based in Queensland. Is it affiliated with the official ROA ? or is it a separate entity. The same goes for any club using the ROA heading.

Does joining the official ROA make me a member of these affiliations?

Maybe the next question can only be answered by Australian Members

Does belonging to a car club such as the ROA entitle me to Vehicle Rego benefits (I am In NSW)

EXCITED NICK

Very Junior member

:confused:

Congratulations on your acquistion. You're correct, the first thing that you should do is join the Riviera Owners Association. The Riviera Owners Association is an internaltional nonprofit organization chartered in Denver, Colorado, USA. The ROA out of Colorado is officially recognized by the legal department of General Motors.

The organization also has many regional coordinators who coordinate efforts of members who live in geographically close areas. The ROA that your refering to in Australia is one of those regions. Regions have coordinators who work on a volunteer basis to provide activities for the ROA members who reside in those regions. Regions have no officers, by-laws, nor do they have any influence in the day to day activies of the ROA. Brian Hall, ROA #10273 is the regional coordinator for the Australian region. His contact information is:

Brian Hall,

P.O. Box 383

Cleveland Qld. 4163

Australia

617-3829-2222

brianhall.hall@gmail.com

The only membership is through the main offices in Denver. Information on membership can be found on the ROA's webstie www.rivowners.org Here's the membership link. Welcome to the Riviera Owners Association Homepage If you prefer, you can quickly handle joining by submitting your application via PayPal. There's a separate link for that on the website.

Once you belong to the ROA you're welcome to attend regional events, but there's no actual membership involved within each region. If you go to the "Regional News" lilnk, you can use the drag down menu to find the Australian region and see what activities are being planned.

You're correct on the last part of your inquiry; it will take an ROA member from Australia to tell you about added benefits.

Hopefully this reply helps some and we'll see your application soon.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Congratulations on your purchase Nick.

I have a 65 and also live in Sydney. If I can be of any help please let me know.

As to concessional rego, yes you do have to be a member of a club to get it. I belong to the Buick Club here in NSW. They are great people and the Club is worth joining. I have also joined the ROA and recommend this also.

I'm not so sure about Chick Magnet though. My daughter has never forgiven me for selling my 66 Mustang. When I bought my yellow 53 home I also had a yellow EJ Holden at the time. All she said was why did I want two yellow cars:(

Regards