This is not from the Tooth Fairy!

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

Having just learned of it and making everyone aware of it, this is their Christmas present from a certain repair shop.

Many repair shops are visited by Reatta owners; however BOBS AUTOBAHN POWER in Wichita, Kansas, carries it bit further and has done so for many years.

After emailing him and a follow up phone call later he mentioned that one of his loaner cars is a Buick Reatta.

Now that is a novel, fantastic way to impress customers! He adds that folks are always impressed and comment accordingly.

This is a noteworthy case and should make an excellent article at some level of Reatta media exposure.

I will make his contact info and additional info on his Reatta known in a Buy/Sell thread a bit later. He had no reticence to have his VIN and appropriate related information included in Barney's data base.

Edited by Kingsley (see edit history)

Here Here!

I say this warrants an article in the Bugle, he must be the only shop in the country to have a Reatta loaner car. Let's just hope it is kept in top condition, so as not to besmirch the reputation of our favorite vehicle here. Would be an embarrassment of the highest order if a customer was driving it and something was not working correctly.

I am wondering if this is an 88/89 or 90/91. Curious because I think the CRT would be amongst the most impressive appointments to the uninitiated. Then again, those unfamiliar may find it off-putting.

Of course, I suppose there is limited practicality to having a Reatta as a loaner. Certainly would not work for someone with kids (especially very young ones in safety seats) or for someone with more than 1 passenger to carry around. For all other customers, I think this is a great idea and gets the car some exposure to people who would probably never have heard of the car, or given it a second thought if they did know of it.

KDirk

I talked to Bob today and the Reatta he loans out to his best customers is a Silver 89 coupe. I asked about mileage and all he knew is it is well over 100K. We are going to meet the next few days when we both have some time. Hopefully he will furnish a story for the Reatta Newsletter. Stay tuned

Chuck Kerls

:D Maybe it's the Polo Green convertible??? :D

Here Here!

I say this warrants an article in the Bugle, he must be the only shop in the country to have a Reatta loaner car. Let's just hope it is kept in top condition, so as not to besmirch the reputation of our favorite vehicle here. Would be an embarrassment of the highest order if a customer was driving it and something was not working correctly.

I am wondering if this is an 88/89 or 90/91. Curious because I think the CRT would be amongst the most impressive appointments to the uninitiated. Then again, those unfamiliar may find it off-putting.

Of course, I suppose there is limited practicality to having a Reatta as a loaner. Certainly would not work for someone with kids (especially very young ones in safety seats) or for someone with more than 1 passenger to carry around. For all other customers, I think this is a great idea and gets the car some exposure to people who would probably never have heard of the car, or given it a second thought if they did know of it.

KDirk